blue barrel/drum feeders

Does anyone know where best to locate some 30kg+ blue barrels/drums to make pheasant feeders out of?

Im looking to use spring feeders...

Or does anyone have any ideas on how to make cheapish feeders for hanging up or on legs to place on feed rides in our woodland?

I need to buy/make about 30!?

Cheers

Edited by wannabe_keeper

Does anyone know where best to locate some 30kg+ blue barrels/drums to make pheasant feeders out of?

Im looking to use spring feeders

Or does anyone have any ideas on how to make tcheapish feeders for hanging up or on legs to place on feed rides in our woodland?

I need to buy/make about 30!?

Cheers

Where about a are you?

Edited by pg123

Hideous pieces of junk littering our countryside. Should be banned!

two things, 1: yes if you have to use them but paint then brown or green, 2: if for whatever reason the shoot was to folds up, take them away with you when you leave.

oh a third thing 3: try and get steel drums and paint them brown or green, 55 gallon drums with lids are perfect. 100% squirrel proof, unlike blue plastic which they will chew through in no time at all if they want to.

Get along to your local swimming pool, the barrels the De-Dusted Chlorine Tablets come in are 40kg white plastic and have click locking lids, plus there is a reinforcing ring on the bottom which is the perfect size for a spiral when core cut.

I've used them for years, tried the first with water in it after a rinse and withing weeks it was green, so negligible chlorine retained in the plastic.

And they have to pay to dump them, so FOC if you take them away.

i've only ever seen one plastic drum with sqizzer damage, the spring had been pushed in and then the hole chewed and opened up, not a problem for me because we use wright feeders, most of which are riveted in place, so no edge for the squizzers to attack, plus we shoot / trap grey squizzers, as i imagine would any other shoot . . . . . . . .

steel drums on the other hand, well previous syndicates have used them on this shoot, their peferated rusty rotting remains litter the woods leaving not so nice sharp edges for dogs and beaters alike!