sgc..time scale

washerboy

Dorset police recieved my application in November. Phoned them up today to check on the progress. I was told that new applications take up to 6 months and I had a few months to wait yet. Followed by a phone call to Basc legal help who told me to make a formal complaint to the chief constable. Not too sure I want to rock the boat.

Dorset police recieved my application in November. Phoned them up today to check on the progress. I was told that new applications take up to 6 months and I had a few months to wait yet. Followed by a phone call to Basc legal help who told me to make a formal complaint to the chief constable. Not too sure I want to rock the boat.

that's the last thing u want to do mate cos it will probably take even longer then and u won't be in there good books

I beleive that South Yorkshire Police are poor when it comes to fire arms applications,it can be afew weeks before you hear anything,at a shoot in S Yorks I attend the local fire arms officer, wanted all names and cert numbers as a matter of coarse,

however were I live in Greater Manchester it took 6 working days from posting to receiving my shot gun certificate.

williamr.

when I contacted basc about mine they told me its normal and nothing they can do.

sit tight and think about how you want to come across and what you want to talk about.. they dont turn up to quiz you or catch you out.. they want to know what you know about safety and who and where you will be going out with.

its ok to be a little nervous as this can be expected :lol: get the kettle on and be polite am sure it will go well.

that's the last thing u want to do mate cos it will probably take even longer then and u won't be in there good books

I decided to sit tight for this very reason. However it does seem as though the process is rather unprofessional if the police dig their heels in over any complaint and people feel the need to sweeten them with tea and biscuits. I dont remember taking sweets along when I took my driving test.

I decided to sit tight for this very reason. However it does seem as though the process is rather unprofessional if the police dig their heels in over any complaint and people feel the need to sweeten them with tea and biscuits. I dont remember taking sweets along when I took my driving test.

When I was a driving Instructor several Indian learners told me it was a non rattling brown envelope handed to the examiner to ensure pass back home .

Edited by Zulu