Kicks chokes (please help)

Wildfowler325

Huntissimo is where I got mine, quick call and all was sorted, it only took three days to arrive.

Great choke but does work loose got some advice off a member to use anti seize compound instead of choke grease, worked a treat.

I use mine for all types of shooting and leave it in the gun.

Figgy

They do and are great with the right cart, shoot some fantastic long range patterns. But pants with anything else and the little nubs that catch the wad wear out and choke is then useless.

The kicks modified don't pattern quite aswell out to the same range as patternmaster but not far off and are really good patterns with steel bb which is my goose load of choice and all non tox and lead, also don't have nubs to wear off and you can buy two for not much more than one pattern master.extra full for long range and mod for everything else.

I read everything available mostly American sites on these chokes and undertaker before making my choice.

Each to their own, I like having one choke that does everything I want, my kicks is half choke with lead and patterns great with clay loads/pigeon loads.

When Wildfowling it's good with all steel sizes but best with BB.

I never have the wrong choke in for what I shoot.

Bit long winded but hope it explains.

Figgy

I have a kicks and my mate bought a pattermaster, I still use mine, his is back in packaging, it shoots way to tight for everday fowling, if your only using for for flighting geese on foreshore it might be worth keeping.

Just an opinion based on mine and his experiences. Hope you get on with fella :good:

Got to agree about the Patternmaster being too tight for anything other than high geese.

It is a superb choke though.

I shoot the 'Duck' model on a 26" Benelli. With a Lyavale 3" No1 steel only 3 pellets were outside the 30"circle at 40yards. (Just).

Trouble is the shot-string is very short so you have to shoot very accurately.

No good for normal flighting or over the 'coys.

My kicks certainly concentrates the shot in the centre of the pattern, 40 yds with no3 gamebore mamouths in the modified give 40 strikes in centre 10" with the rest of the 30" far less dense but even non the less. Shot energy fails before pattern. Its less impressive with 3 1/2" gamebore no1 no discernible tight centre but the spread is still quite even without the big gaps you can get

I have a kicks and my mate bought a pattermaster, I still use mine, his is back in packaging, it shoots way to tight for everday fowling, if your only using for for flighting geese on foreshore it might be worth keeping.

Just an opinion based on mine and his experiences. Hope you get on with fella :good:

Thats the whole reason i got it, for goose flighting! Hopefully i'll be out tomorrow to try it out

Guest cookoff013

Got to agree about the Patternmaster being too tight for anything other than high geese.

It is a superb choke though.

I shoot the 'Duck' model on a 26" Benelli. With a Lyavale 3" No1 steel only 3 pellets were outside the 30"circle at 40yards. (Just).

Trouble is the shot-string is very short so you have to shoot very accurately.

No good for normal flighting or over the 'coys.

steel shotstring is very short as it is, especially with the slower steel loads that we have in the uk via the cip. in the UK when a cartridge box says it does 1400fps, rarely will it ever get close to doing that. all cartridges are mesures at 2.5M from muzzel and recorded, then a guessed MV is recorded.

ps, exellent choice of cartridge. even at our slow imposed speeds. that is an exellent cartridge,

Nice result, you obviously get on with it.

Long may you fold em mid air. You sure 80 yards,it's a bit far for me with steel, I tend to stay within 50 yards ish.

Sounds like you had a good flight.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Nice result, you obviously get on with it.

Long may you fold em mid air.

Sounds like you had a good flight.

Figgy

Yip it was a good one. A must for high goose shooting i think. Could'nt believe i hit the second goose, it was about 80 yards! I'v been shooting flighting geese for 33 year and never saw a goose come down stone dead at that ranges. (It little trick to shooting high geese is dont shoot them infront of you let them almost past you before taking a shot)