Any 20Bore Shells better than RC T3 28g??

heweyvts

Hi All,

I've been using RC T3 28g's now for a while, get on with them really well but just wondered if anyone else had any favorite 20 bore Cartridges they'd recommend. Usually use No. 6's.

Probably won't change but need to get some more shortly so just thought I'd ask the question.

Will mainly be used for Pheasant but also some pigeon shooting although usually use the 12 for that.

Cheers

Both my girlfriend and I use 20-bores, invariably using 28g cartridges. With properly fitting guns (both with Pachmyr recoil pads), the 28g loads aren't noticeably masochistic. True, 24g are more comfortable, but 28g is perfectly surviveable, particularly when compared to Eley 32g HB Pigeon in my 12-bore Browning. Now they really kick, for some reason.

Use 28g cos they are harder hitting.

I don't notice any problem shooting 28's myself.

It's a new BSA 20 bore which I bought at the Midland Game fair quite cheap, had it fitted while I was there, took it out for the first time on Saturday and shot 131 pigeons with it using the 28g T3's no problem at all.

It actually seemed better than my previous Beretta Silver Pig 3 20g. But I think it's a bit heavier so that would explain it.

There again I do normally use RC Sipe's in my 12 so that's probably why the 28's in a 20 seem OK.

Any other shells people find good killers!!