So, which chokes should I buy for my semi auto...

goldeneye243

I am thinking about getting 3 extended chokes for my semi auto and just wondering what peoples opinions are as to what I should get. My current thinking is -

IC - Mainly for use when I am wildfowling using steel shot (effectively a modified)

LM - I really like light modified and that is the choke that tends to get the most time in the gun. I like to use it for decoying and on clays.

M - For roost shooting where the birds are a bit further away.

I was thinking that they are all a bit close to each other though - Would I be better off with an IM for roost shooting?

Decisions decisions....

We all use different because we are all different and shoot different things, mine tends to live with 1/2 and gets a skeet in it when I do skeet.

I don't think you should lose too much sleep over it, what do you use most at the moment?

Why extended, if you already have chokes you are using I struggle to believe you will notice any difference with extended ones! :good:

How good a shot are you?, honestly.

If not very good then Imp Cyl and 1/2. If average then 1/4 + 1/2 or 3/4. I shoot pheasants out to about 60 yards using mainly 1/4 and 1/2, geese and shooting in a high wind get the tighter 1/2 + 3/4 set of tubes.

30gr of 5s in those chokes will kill cleanly out to over 40 yards on pheasants and rabbits. Geese get bigger shot.

A