fac .22 air rifle

Jim c

right just got my variation back and i know its been asked a thousand times but some one recomened me a 22 fac pcp please for rabbits rats and pigeons.

New or second hand not to bothered but if any ones selling a full set up pm me. Idealy want a multi shot

been looking at air arms 410 and theoben rapid what do people think

thanks jim

Mostly depends on budget I would say Jim. Everyone is loyal to their rifle, and rightly so :good: Shot count seems to be high on everyones list. How many shots are you happy with before refilling? Buddy bottled rifles will have a higher shot count relative to the power output obviously. Most of the non buddy bottled rifles will only return around 30 shots. With less in the sweet spot. Rifles with a shrouded barrel will keep the noise down. If screwcut for an extra mod thats even better. I think the rapid mfr has all the above, but someone will confirm this. I have a daystate mct. It has all of the above, plus the power can be flicked between two settings 28ftlbs and 38ftlbs. So I have effectively 2 rifles in one. I had a rapid 40ftlbs, but I didn't like it for many reasons, high up there was it was without a shrouded barrel, it was as noisy as a 410 with every mod I tried. personal choice at the end of the day.

Hope this helps :good:

Not enough of an air reseviour so low shot count, and way too long for me. Might be worth you having a go on chairgun so you can see the effect of muzzle velocities. I prefer being close to 40ftlbs than 30 with a slightly heavier pellet, ie biz magnum 21.4grn. I find it a lot more accurate at 50-60 yds with the extra puff behind it. Also my daystate is pretty much as quiet as my sub 12 air airms s410 that has the standard AA mod . A 40 or 30ftlb second hand air ranger would be a good choice if budget allows.

Edited by turbo33