fac .22 air rifle

Jim c

More people used third party spares suppliers than TheoBen when they were still in business so I don't see that being a problem.

I had my TTR converted to FAC by Ben, barrel chopped to 16", full Hugget shrouded silencer, re-crowned, trigger worked on. 80 shots at 30fpe.

Wouldn't sell it for anything else!

Edited by mick miller

I recon the daystates take some beating.Got a Ranger in 40lb awesome tool mate. Went for walk last night shot a few with the Archer NV on the Ranger, 1 at 71 paces 1 at 83 paces both head shot and dead as a Do Do. PM Mark Bullet Boy he's seen the ranger in action. Terry

I am a bit of an Air Arms fan, but the fac version is very long. 2" longer than a Ranger before you fit a mod. The reflex mod that goes on the Ranger/Airwolf slides back over the barrel shroud so keeps the extra length down. I'm not sure the same applies to the AA so itt could be 5-6" longer. I tried one and found it way too long, sadly. I also didn't find the shrouded barrel effective enough on its own on the AA and so very loud. By contrast the Ranger/Airwolf shroud is very quiet and can easily be used without an extra mod.

Edited by turbo33

what shot counts you getting with it and does it have adjustable power

Personally, I don't think the adjustable power on the AA is an advantage. Its just a knob/dial with no accurate way of knowing exactly what setting you are on, except maybe completely on or off. In any event you will have to re zero each time you twiddle the knurled adjuster. You would be far better off with it at a fixed mv of your preference.

i use a rapid 7 mark 1, ive had it since new doing any thing up to 40ftlb, i use it at 32ftlb, that to me is good power with a good 50 plus shots. i have honestly shot almost every other air rifle on the market and to me nothing can match its accuracy.if i found a gun that could beat it i would swap it tomorrow as ime obsessed with accuracy.hope you get what you want, good luck, cheers simon

i use a rapid 7 mark 1, ive had it since new doing any thing up to 40ftlb, i use it at 32ftlb, that to me is good power with a good 50 plus shots. i have honestly shot almost every other air rifle on the market and to me nothing can match its accuracy.if i found a gun that could beat it i would swap it tomorrow as ime obsessed with accuracy.hope you get what you want, good luck, cheers simon

so you would recommened a mk1

I'm late to this thread, but own a Career 707 carbine in .22, powered to 28lb at full power. It has an adjusting wheel to turn the power down. There is an air guage built in to judge your shots. At full power I reckon ten good shots and another ten allowing for increasing drop depending on the pellet used. The magazine will take ten Laserdomes, or seven Bisley Magnums, my preferred pellet. This is a very accurate rifle. The two rabbits in the picture were shot at over 40 yards, both head shots. Ten minutes later I shot another at over 50 with 4 inches holdover, also in the head. Spares are still available, but being a well engineered piece of kit, all you need is to strip the seals every blue moon to keep it in top nick. My local plummer had all the seals I needed for under £2.00. Check out my web site for a review. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/

Personally, I don't think the adjustable power on the AA is an advantage. Its just a knob/dial with no accurate way of knowing exactly what setting you are on, except maybe completely on or off. In any event you will have to re zero each time you twiddle the knurled adjuster. You would be far better off with it at a fixed mv of your preference.

I have the AirArms S410 Xtra FAC which has the adjustable power. I agree that its a bit of guesswork if you wanted to use the full range of adjustment but in practice I have found it useful when shooting at 30 yards to turn the power down to half which saves my shot count.

I dont need to re-zero as my setup is zeroed at 50yds on full power and just happens to be on zero at 30yds when at half power.

The air arms is a great rifle but can be too long for some especially with a silencer fitted so try a few out at your dealers and see what suits you.

I'm late to this thread, but own a Career 707 carbine in .22, powered to 28lb at full power. It has an adjusting wheel to turn the power down. There is an air guage built in to judge your shots. At full power I reckon ten good shots and another ten allowing for increasing drop depending on the pellet used. The magazine will take ten Laserdomes, or seven Bisley Magnums, my preferred pellet. This is a very accurate rifle. The two rabbits in the picture were shot at over 40 yards, both head shots. Ten minutes later I shot another at over 50 with 4 inches holdover, also in the head. Spares are still available, but being a well engineered piece of kit, all you need is to strip the seals every blue moon to keep it in top nick. My local plummer had all the seals I needed for under £2.00. Check out my web site for a review. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/

4" hold over at 50 yards ???? That's normal for a 12 ftlb anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back to this thread team tractor. Due to the overgrown nature of this permission, most shots are taken up to 25 yards and have my rifle zeroed at 30 yards. These rabbits were out along an open ride, sitting up watching me, so a long shot was needed. With .22 Bisley Magnums at 40 yards they drop 2 inches from a 30 yard zero and a further 2 inches at 50 yards. It's a heavy old pellet. Done the range tests.