springer passing blood and mucous in its motion ????

Albert 888

As above,think i spelt it right.

Got a 5-6 year old springer dog thats a worker and lives outside. On and off over the years it has passed blood and mucous in its motion,dog seams happy no sighns of deteriation apart from never puts weight on,he is however a very muscular dog just doesnt have any fat on him. Thought it could be slugs in the food but put a stop to the slugs . He seems to do it after eating anything with fat in or on it wich is fairly rare this could be a coincidence but around the same time. I keep him with another spinger who has normal motion. Next thing i was thing is a change of food but tried this before and still the same. He is wormed regularly and the blood is red not black and always at the end of his buisnes the last bit to come out,and always fed on dry food. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Albert

An allergy probably glutten. But to really put your mind at rest take him to the vet best advice youll get we can only guess and give possibillities as to the problem whereas a vet willget to the cause it may cost a fewquid but id do it if only for peace of mind. Hope hegets sorted

An allergy probably glutten. But to really put your mind at rest take him to the vet best advice youll get we can only guess and give possibillities as to the problem whereas a vet willget to the cause it may cost a fewquid but id do it if only for peace of mind. Hope hegets sorted

you are probebly right its a common thing in springers,however you should get him checked out as it can be serious if not sorted.

Nothing to do with worms. It sounds like collitis (inflammation of large bowel). Needs checking by the vet. There could be a degree of pancreatic insufficiency when you say issues after a fatty meal.

Take a faecal sample with you.

Thanks for that. You wouldnt believe it but my mother the docters receptionist has diagnosed him with that and sent me a link. Will pop to the vets with some motion. Am I better getting a normal sample and one with blood in it.

Has he been wormed recently? That's a classic sign for worms there.

Gets wormed regular.

Classic sort of IBS symptoms Mucus / blood . Try weaning it onto a better complete food without all the wheat and sawdust

90% sure its not the food. I do change it now and again and still the same.