COUPLE DAYS LEFT FOR WILDFOWLING ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN DO A DAY SOME

madhunter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your misses Gandalf and wish her well. You are right about wildfowl being unpredictable and we can all expect a lot of blank flights. I was out on the coast Wenesday night , there was a good flight of mallard comming off the marsh heading inland , but the only shots I had were at the last flock to come in resulting in 2 in the bag. I was telling a friend yesterday and he asked to be taken down for a flight . A good wind from the same direction , none of the early birds had been shot at or disturbed the night before and a quick glass of the pools showed plenty of mallard sitting out on the marsh at sunset , so it looked good for a repeat flight , but they had changed their flightline . We never had a shot and only saw one duck.Thats the way it goes , enjoy the times when it all comes togeather , but do not discount the blank flights , there is usually something of interest going on brents flighting out to the sea , a frustrating small bird singing in the bushes that I could not ID , little egrets feeding close by or in the case of last night a couple of low skiens of pinks headding off the farmland sugesting a new ambush tomorrow .

Edited by anser2

I certainly hope so Fisheruk.

Also hope to be at the PW Rifle Shoot this year - If they have one.

I hope they do - Last year was very enjoyable and I have bought a thicker sleepingbag too!

+ 2

I have never had a chat to you Grandalf & I wish the memsahib a speedy recovery & if you are ever this far north do look the up grumpy old pole star & if you have no problems with watching Harriers , Merlins & Short eared Owls ect & want a shot at the geese or rabbits or a go at the trout if in season then drop me a pm .

Pole Star

Alright folks. Pretty new to the forum and haven't posted anything for a while mainly due to 16 hour shifts but came across this post today and had to comment even thugh its pretty much done with. I reckon your wrong Madhunter to slate people on here and your comments are out of order ive only posted a couple of things and recieved nothing but helpfull advice especially from Big mat who you've had a go at a couple of times. He was one of the first to reply to me and pointed me in the direction of some local wildfowling which ive since enquired about. Theres nothing worse than bad manners and rudeness maybe you ought to step back a bit and think about what you say first. Anyway Guys Thanks for a great wbsite and all the usefull info on here.

Alright folks. Pretty new to the forum and haven't posted anything for a while mainly due to 16 hour shifts but came across this post today and had to comment even thugh its pretty much done with. I reckon your wrong Madhunter to slate people on here and your comments are out of order ive only posted a couple of things and recieved nothing but helpfull advice especially from Big mat who you've had a go at a couple of times. He was one of the first to reply to me and pointed me in the direction of some local wildfowling which ive since enquired about. Theres nothing worse than bad manners and rudeness maybe you ought to step back a bit and think about what you say first. Anyway Guys Thanks for a great wbsite and all the usefull info on here.

Well said dave and welcome mate.