Holiday entitlement question?

Boromir

Yes they could refuse. Has to be agreed and within needs of the business, 2weeks is generally reasonable and anything more is a discussion and request in businesses I've worked in.

No abcense and holiday at time of year when not everyone is on holiday and its probably ok.

If you're new, off sick all the time or trying to take 3 weeks off at Christmas it will be harder.

Talk to the boss with an open mind and have a chat.

I have 32 days holiday a year I have taken 4 days so far I dont usually take any holidays till the second half of the year. My employer will be ok with me taking 3 weeks holiday but not sure about the 3 extra days im asking for. Can he refuse lawfully?

Its in October time when hopefully no one else at my work is planning a holiday and have not been of sick for 2 years now. Been with the company for 5 years also.

Edited by Boromir

Employers can't stop you from having holiday (now enshrined with a statutory prescribed minimum) but they can tell you when you can and can't take it.

Just tell your boss that your pregnant and you need maternity leave or you need to take leave to go to a special clinic in the states and get yourself sorted out.