Free Sat TV ?

station

Hi All,

If I buy a tv with a built in Free Sat tuner or a separate box, is it just a case of running coax from a spare output of my sky dish / quad LNB ?

We have Sky HD in one room (lounge) and just want to get rid of the standard tv aerial that feeds our bedroom tv.

Any help appreciated.

ATB

I thought you needed a normal aerial for freesat.

Didn't think it worked with a sky dish.

Hope it does cos I've just moved and told Sky to stick it.

Free view is ariel, freesat is satellite (with more channels). Sky also have a free service too, so keep your sky box!

Yes thats right, freesat TVs are a bit rare and tend to start about 32" may be better with box

If you have Quad LNB that will give you two spare outlets that you can put into your new box.

Great stuff - cheers for the info.

Search opensat on facebook!

Will do - thanks.

Free view is ariel, freesat is satellite (with more channels). Sky also have a free service too, so keep your sky box!

Not getting rid of Sky - just did not want to pay for multi room.

I just use a old pace sky box plugged into tv and sky dish, no phone line in it and get pretty good channels, all i need :good:

I thought Sky charged a one off fee for using one of their boxes ?

Why not install a sky magic £17 for sky handset and eye system and have all the sky programmes on your bedroom TV

Or a second sky box in bedroom bog standard box . Its easy to fit from LNB to bedroom and sky box and buy a sky card for £5

If its only £5 then I may look into this and just pick up a cheap second hand sky box - cheers.

Thanks to all for the replies,

ATB

I have it running using the skybox but don't get too many channels, miss things like Discovery and National Geo.

This is what I thought - you have to pay Sky something or you only get basic channels.

Do you get ITV as I seem to remember something about Sky wanting a one off payment for receiving certain channels using their boxes?

Cheers.

This is what I thought - you have to pay Sky something or you only get basic channels.

Do you get ITV as I seem to remember something about Sky wanting a one off payment for receiving certain channels using their boxes?

Cheers.

would like to know more about a one off charge to get the res tof hte channels...not sky1 etc but nat geo be good

I thought Sky charged a one off fee for using one of their boxes ?

They used to charge a one off fee for a card which you plug into the box but you don't need any card if you have no phone line connected, I just bought a old box off eBay and I don't have any card in mine, I still get plenty of channels mate.

Edited by smokinggun

Cheers.

Yes you get all the ITV channels, BBC, horror channel, e4, channel 4,5 film 4 and hundreds more but not the national geographic, discovery

ones

Edited by smokinggun