Pump Club

thepasty

I'm sure I've been, Years ago I had a girlfriend whos Aunty had a B&B down that way. We went for a week but had to sleep in the summer house (Garden shed) The local pub had a bar maid that looked like the Honey Monster.

Cornwall is still my second favourite part of the country.

honey monster bar maid? yh sounds local lol

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think mines 28, 2/3 chamber and between a quart and half choke (fixed)

See how you get on, if not would you be interested in a swap?

Where you been?

Yeah could be up for a swap, love the pump but not struck on the sights will give it a bit of time though to see how I get on. In Bournemouth most of the time but Cornwall will always be home proper!

Funnily enough I sold a bike to a bloke from Helston this week. Small world innit :)

Very!

Yeah could be up for a swap, love the pump but not struck on the sights will give it a bit of time though to see how I get on. In Bournemouth most of the time but Cornwall will always be home proper!

Is it open choke?

See how you get on and of you do fancy it let me know :)

Been and shot my pump gun today for the first time. It really surprised me how well it came up to my eye (using the rear sight as you would a mid bead). there was one or two occasions where I went to take my second shot and I'd forgotten to rack another cartridge in but I suppose that was always going to happen after shooting semi autos and double barrelled guns.

I expected the felt recoil to be a lot worse too with it being a light gun and having an old hard pad on it but it was no worse than my over and under.

It is now my favourite gun.

Anyone got a 28" barrel to sell me?

Calling all Mossy 500 owners, I wonder whether its just me that had this problem?

For some time I had difficulty hitting anything with it so I did some reading and test shooting to find that with the me and gun combo it was shooting very low, so I did a quick test and stuck on a cheap cheek pad from one of mt rifles.

It only rises the comb by 6mm or so but has totally sorted my shooting,

Does the 500 suffer from a low comb or is it me?

I have a weird liking for digital camo so got this when I needed to sort my rifle...

MPRIFLE.jpg

But I think the next one I'll get (so that this one can go back on the rifle) will be a nice tan flavour :)

Fox_Cheek_Rest.jpg

at £8 a pop its an ideal cheap fix... but no good if you like to think you look cool ;)

Edited by thepasty

Calling all Mossy 500 owners, I wonder whether its just me that had this problem?

For some time I had difficulty hitting anything with it so I did some reading and test shooting to find that with the me and gun combo it was shooting very low, so I did a quick test and stuck on a cheap cheek pad from one of mt rifles.

It only rises the comb by 6mm or so but has totally sorted my shooting,

Does the 500 suffer from a low comb or is it me?

I have a weird liking for digital camo so got this when I needed to sort my rifle...

MPRIFLE.jpg

But I think the next one I'll get (so that this one can go back on the rifle) will be a nice tan flavour :)

Fox_Cheek_Rest.jpg

at £8 a pop its an ideal cheap fix... but no good if you like to think you look cool ;)

Mine seems ok but I've not shot at a pattern plate yet. Maybe that's just how it fits. My O/U is an old Beretta that has a lot lower comb than my mate's (yes I have a mate) Miroku Mk38. I tried it when he got it and I couldn't get low enough on the comb to get the end and fore beads anywhere close to each other.

My O/U is an old Beretta that has a lot lower comb than my mate's (yes I have a mate) Miroku Mk38. I tried it when he got it and I couldn't get low enough on the comb to get the end and fore beads anywhere close to each other.

coming from rifles when I got the gun I was trying to get the muzzle bead so it was on top of the receiver when I looked down the gun (it made sense to line the barrel up with the receiver), with the cheek pad I now look down on the barrel quite a bit... in my mind this doesnt make sense but in practice I shoot straight with the latter.

Edited by thepasty

mine shot so low it would almost be off the bottom of an A4 size plate!

I must have a long neck and head or summink :)

The good thing about shooting a pump is that the cheek pad doesnt look too out of place.

I must have a long neck and head or summink :)NFC (normal for Cornwall)

The good thing about shooting a pump is that the cheek pad doesn't look too out of place. And there isn't much that looks out of place on a pump. They lend themselves to being tricked up Tacticool style or full on red neck style.

I'm loving mine, I just wish I had space to set up a plinking range like loads of our American cousins seem to have

coming from rifles when I got the gun I was trying to get the muzzle bead so it was on top of the receiver when I looked down the gun (it made sense to line the barrel up with the receiver), with the cheek pad I now look down on the barrel quite a bit... in my mind this doesnt make sense but in practice I shoot straight with the latter.

If you have a rib in your shotgun try placing a £1 coin on it a couple of inches from the receiver and mount with your bead sitting on the £1 coin (not sure what we did back in the day of £1 notes) this should put your shot somewhere close to where you want it. I don't think there's any substitute for patterning tho.

I'm loving mine, I just wish I had space to set up a plinking range like loads of our American cousins seem to have

I have a hill billy range :whistling:

what range are we talking here?

Do you bring up the gun fast or do you line it up ect? Guessing fast...?

Typical shotgun ranges of 10 to 40 yards.

bringing the gun up all depands on the situation and amount of time I have for the shot, can range from a quick snap shot to a prolonged well timed shot on a slow bird.

If you have a rib in your shotgun try placing a £1 coin on it a couple of inches from the receiver and mount with your bead sitting on the £1 coin (not sure what we did back in the day of £1 notes) this should put your shot somewhere close to where you want it. I don't think there's any substitute for patterning tho.

Mines a 500AG which is an 1984 turkey gun, no rib, just a big adjustable choke system with bead on top on the muzzle.... the cheek raiser has done the job nicely for me... I missed very little on the clays yesterday apart from those damned fast/low going away ground skimmers... they beat me every time. :mad:

Its been a nice day today so me & my mate headed to the club for some pumping practice with some new belt kit. we were trying out a new loading technique called quad loading, which entails drawing & loading four cartridges all at once, I also took some video that Im trying to upload to youtube for you guys to take a look at a bit later, meantime here are a few pics from this afternoon.

2013-04-02135702_zps00a05871.jpg

2013-04-02135814_zps66620d4c.jpg

2013-04-02135748_zps794e5761.jpg

2013-04-02144723_zps2495f2ee.jpg

Its been a nice day today so me & my mate headed to the club for some pumping practice with some new belt kit. we were trying out a new loading technique called quad loading, which entails drawing & loading four cartridges all at once, I also took some video that Im trying to upload to youtube for you guys to take a look at a bit later, meantime here are a few pics from this afternoon.

2013-04-02135702_zps00a05871.jpg

2013-04-02135814_zps66620d4c.jpg

2013-04-02135748_zps794e5761.jpg

2013-04-02144723_zps2495f2ee.jpg

More info on the quad loading please! Obviously this is going to be easier for you guys with the Nova / SuperNovas with them having the bigger loading gate. do you think the poor people with the 30 year old Mossbergs will manage it?

Has it been covered on the F4I forum?

Edited by Sco77w

Hi Sco77w

There is a short thread in F4i forum, the ones in the pics are made by Taccom from the USA but there is also another company in europe making them called Ghost International & they are slightly cheaper, once I get the video's to load you will see that you can do the shoot 1, load 8 & shoot 1 drill in a fraction over 5 seconds which isn't bad considering we only got them a couple of weeks ago.

http://four4islands.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=927

http://www.taccom3g.com/QUALOAD_SHELL_HOLDERS.html

http://www.ghostinternational.com/index.php?lang=en