landrover discovery central locking and radio problem

ferguson_tom

Hi Everyone

The central locking on my 1994 300TDI discovery is not working. I have the system with the one button on a seperate key fob. Before I waste money on replacing actuators only to find out its something else can someone please confirm whether the symptoms i am having is caused by faulty actuators? My mate who owned it previously never had the central locking working either.

-I replaced the batteries in the FOB as they were totally dead now the little light comes on when I press the button but nothing happens to the disco.

-I have to manually lock and unlock all the doors individually.

I have checked the fuse box and it all looks okay.

Also the radio comes up with security on the screen and wont let me put in the code, I have tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours but it doesnt seem to reset.

Any advice greatly appreciated, Tom

if the central locking is not working at all i would also say a solenoid under the passenger footwell,thats presuming you have checked the fuses of course.

as for the radio ring landrover quoting your reg number if it's a geniune radio they will help sort it over the phone. it could be locked from the wrong code being used.

I've got a 1994 300tdi With door lock problems.

We all get this problem

Before you spend £££££ try looking on YouTube.

Look for door lock springs. It's a cheap fix but it take a long time to do each door.

The small lock spring get weak over time and won't fully pull the lock down.

Cheers and good luck.