Cz trigger

bullet1747

yes its easy, took me about 20 minutes to do mine with the kit i bought, came with 3 springs, i used the medium i think so theres the light,heavy and original left complete with step by step instructions with photos, yours if you want it fella.

yes its easy, took me about 20 minutes to do mine with the kit i bought, came with 3 springs, i used the medium i think so theres the light,heavy and original left complete with step by step instructions with photos, yours if you want it fella.

That's wot I like about this forum decent people, thanks for the offer but I don't want it for nowt let me know how much you want for it

Ignore Kent, you don't need a smith to adjust the trigger on a 452. It's so easy it's child's play. You won't be playing around with sears and filing bits off. It is quite literally a case of tapping two pins out to release the trigger and then replacing a spring by winding out a nut, slipping a spring on, and winding the same nut back on. There are instructions online

Be sensible and do a slap test with the safety engaged once you have adjusted the trigger to ensure it cannot accidentally fire. The CZ452 trigger is totally agricultural and is easy to tweak safely.

Just as a side note, my .22lr was purchased from a reputable gun shop and smith, some chocolate had actually cut the trigger spring down (I guess to create a 'lighter' pull) which resulted in the trigger being so badly adjusted that the rifle would fire with the safety on with the lightest of touches on the trigger. The shop had never checked the rifle or the trigger before selling it to me. Luckily I found out quite quickly after shooting a barn wall by accident when putting the rifle down. Needless to say I didn't go back to the shop to have the trigger made safe although I did complain quite loudly with other customers present. I bought a kit and did it myself, then I did my hmr, then I did my mates hmr.

Ignore Kent, you don't need a smith to adjust the trigger on a 452. It's so easy it's child's play. You won't be playing around with sears and filing bits off. It is quite literally a case of tapping two pins out to release the trigger and then replacing a spring by winding out a nut, slipping a spring on, and winding the same nut back on. There are instructions online

Be sensible and do a slap test with the safety engaged once you have adjusted the trigger to ensure it cannot accidentally fire. The CZ452 trigger is totally agricultural and is easy to tweak safely.

Just as a side note, my .22lr was purchased from a reputable gun shop and smith, some chocolate had actually cut the trigger spring down (I guess to create a 'lighter' pull) which resulted in the trigger being so badly adjusted that the rifle would fire with the safety on with the lightest of touches on the trigger. The shop had never checked the rifle or the trigger before selling it to me. Luckily I found out quite quickly after shooting a barn wall by accident when putting the rifle down. Needless to say I didn't go back to the shop to have the trigger made safe although I did complain quite loudly with other customers present. I bought a kit and did it myself, then I did my hmr, then I did my mates hmr.

So on one hand you say ignoor sensible advice about taking it to a good smith - the guy doesn't know how easy it is so IMO is best taking it to someone who does ( I cannot diagnose why its light pulling without examining it - yet you can ? mmm) and it sounds like some fool has already had a go at this trigger or its just plain faulty. On the other hand you mention "some chocolate" whatever that is! perhaps if more "chocolates" left triggers well alone and confined themselves to crimping scope tubes and ruining bores we wouldn't see such threads?

You need to get off your soap box every now and again.

The OP believes his trigger to be to light. It's a 452 for which there are many kits to safely adjust the creep and pull. Two posts have given details of how to do it and what to look for. Buy a kit and you get a set of instructions which further explain the process. Most likely someone has already tried to alter the pull if this is a secondhand rifle, often people will simply try and cut a coil which is not the way to do it. Simply taking the rifle and action out of the stock and examining the spring will show whether this is the case. Perhaps it's a simple case of adjusting the nut to increase the pressure on the existing spring, either way it's not necessary to see a gunsmith in the first instance to adjust the trigger on a 452. First step would be to simply adjust the nut toward the rifle bore to increase the pressure, unless it looks like there are coils missing from the spring.

By the way, I've never managed to 'ruin a bore' or 'crimp a scope tube' yet, but have had plenty of bad advice from folk that work in gun shops, I've even had shoddy work carried out by experienced gunsmiths. If it were any other rifle or shotgun I'd say see a smith, but the 452 is easy to work on and there is plenty of information, if you look or ask, on how to do this safely.

Sorry to de-rail this post a little but I have a cz that I would like the trigger doing....is there a local. Gunshop to Manchester that will do it and what should I expect to pay??

just buy a trigger kit and do it yourself in about 20 mins, just take the stock off, knock one of the pins out so the trigger unit comes down and swap the spring, easy peasy