Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.

grasshopper

Got a call off Foxhunter1 to see if would like to have a pop at a Fox he'd been baiting for a while..well i thinks,is the Pope retiring? :innocent:

Of course i would..especially as this would be the same farm he took me too last year,sat me in a field and said "the Fox will appear about 80yds down the fence line on your left"....it was out 5 minutes later....30yds to my right and as slowly as i tried to move,it eventually spotted us and bolted.So no shot.To make matters worse,Mark shot it the next night and txt me he had,whilst i was workin a 12hr nightshift...the rotter. :/:lol:

Anyway back to last night.We did a lap of the farm with 2 stops en-route for a call,nothing showed,so it was off to an area he had baited.

As we passed through some gorse bushes Mark picked up the unmistakable eyes of a Fox heading straight to the baiting area. :drool:

The Fox obviously knew what a lamp was and did an about turn. :bye2: We carried on to see all of the bait had gone and the Fox had even left a scat just to confirm who had been dining. :)

Undeterred,a cunning plan was quickly hatched. :ninja: Foxy's usual route was to follow a set of telegraph poles across a field....same route as the 1 last year as it happens.

The Fox-Pro was placed on this route and we headed to the top of the field some 120yds away.Rifle on the bipod and Archer NV was to be used if it re-appeared.We let things settle for a few minutes and as there was allotments nearby with chickens etc,"Chicken Distress" was the choice of call.

Started the call low and began scanning....that didn't take long :w00t: ,some 3 minutes in and the Fox appeared from some rough ground it had retreated into earlier.As Mark had no NV,i gave a running commentary and sure enough the Fox was at the fence next to the 1st set of poles.NV attached and i picked the Fox up about 25yds from the caller - sat down looking intently at the plastic Chicken. :rolleyes: As i settle onto the bipod it looks at us but then takes a few steps forward towards the caller and stops side on some 120yds away down the hill.A resounding and reassuring thud comes back and the plan

has worked perfectly. :yahoo:

A very well fed Dog Fox.Thanks for the invite Mark :good:

SS100561_zps5fab4c10.jpg

good shooting jeff thats a cracking picture one for the fir place im sure.. i like the gun too looks a nice light weight fox set up

Cheers,it's a lot lighter since i swapped the Pes Stainless steel mod for a Spartan Andy :yes:

Foxhunter is the Photographer,likes a bit of scenery in the picture B)

Nice one mate. :good:

Thanks,was good to get him after he'd already ran off :)

More than a Grand,he's been spoilt looking through decent kit..might have to dip into his gold account :big_boss:

Sure you'll catch him soon Phil..the Fox that is,they all slip up eventually....could always pop back down :ninja::whistling:

At least you and that hat didn't jinx's me last night got a nice big dog fox but that busy taking the tail off forgot to take pic's

Good talking to you last night Mike and well done...was a good distance for them old eyes of yours :P

More than a Grand,he's been spoilt looking through decent kit..might have to dip into his gold account :big_boss:

Sure you'll catch him soon Phil..the Fox that is,they all slip up eventually....could always pop back down :ninja::whistling:

Good talking to you last night Mike and well done...was a good distance for them old eyes of yours :P

You are a cheeky young ****** but you are welcome down here anytime... :P