first time at clays

washerboy

Hi Washerboy! Addictive is an understatement. My wife and I had our first go back in late May last year, and we were hooked. Had another few goes to consolidate the obsession, applied for our SGC and got our guns in Mid October, and have shot every weekend and any other day we could since then. We shoot, at a few different shooting schools, and shoot practice sporting everywhere we can and Sundays we shoot a mixture of Open and Registered Sporting. SO BE AWARE - IT WILL TAKE OVER! something for you to look forward to. Dave_B

i had my first and so far only clay outing a couple of months ago.... very nervous on my way as id done hardly any shotgun shooting prior and when we got there my nerves where worse as there was a comp on so to shoot that day we had to sign up for the 100 clay snglish sporting (i think) 10 stands with ten shots on each,,, between lack of experience and lack of confidence due to being sorounded by much much more experienced people i was totally usless hitting just under 30 (i know... really bad!) and by the end i had a cracking bruise on my shoulder that hurt for a couple of days after.. but i had the time of my life! i cant wait to go again.. although it was a 45 minute trip each way if i could drive id be there all the time

i had my first and so far only clay outing a couple of months ago.... very nervous on my way as id done hardly any shotgun shooting prior and when we got there my nerves where worse as there was a comp on so to shoot that day we had to sign up for the 100 clay snglish sporting (i think) 10 stands with ten shots on each,,, between lack of experience and lack of confidence due to being sorounded by much much more experienced people i was totally usless hitting just under 30 (i know... really bad!) and by the end i had a cracking bruise on my shoulder that hurt for a couple of days after.. but i had the time of my life! i cant wait to go again.. although it was a 45 minute trip each way if i could drive id be there all the time

WOW! Talk about beeing thrown in at the deep end, well done for sticking with it. It must have been a bit daunting for you.

Good luck with your next trip out to shoot clays.

• 4 weeks later...