Passed my bike theory :)

WelshLamb

So what's your next plan of action? A direct death course? I did my test a year ago and its the best thing I ever did although saying that if you'd have asked me this morning at 0930 not being able to feel my hands, nuts or feet I may have said differently! Lol

Royal

The only thing I would say and no doubt you won't listen as I didn't, but once you pass be a little sensible with what you buy. The fun bit is going around corners at 30-40 mph not being able to do 150mph in a straight line on a bike with the biggest engine you can afford!! I'm sure you won't listen as nobody ever does but no matter what you get take it easy for the first couple if months till you get use to it!

Royal (god I'm sounding like my dad)

Apologies but I am shamelessly hijacking your thread to post a picture of my bike;

I have been riding 2 and a bit years now and I'm on my second bike, first was a Bandit 650S and my current one is a GSR750. My old man rides a VFR800 and my younger brother has a GSXR600

I'm not expert but give me a shout if you need any advice.

7245723584_6f01795bde_b.jpg

Edited by grimey121uk

Apologies but I am shamelessly hijacking your thread to post a picture of my bike;

I have been riding 2 and a bit years now and I'm on my second bike, first was a Bandit 650S and my current one is a GSR750. My old man rides a VFR800 and my younger brother has a GSXR600

I'm not expert but give me a shout if you need any advice.

7245723584_6f01795bde_b.jpg

Shouldn't there be a lunch box or something on the back of a bike like that?? Lol

Royal

For what it's worth, firstly always ride your own ride never get suckered into overtaking because your mate can, keep a distance in all weather conditions (car drivers are oblivious to the lack of traction in bad weather) motorcyclists rely on feedback in all weather conditions, it's not the bike it's the rider any one can do 150 in a straight line (not that i would or have officer) it's illiegal (so they say ) basically theres a time and a place for everything. After over 1 million miles on a bike 15 years as a nationwide courier ,this may sound conceited but i literally have seen it all and ridden it all there is nothing else to learn but experience everyday! you'll be amazed how stupid the roads can be expect everyperson to kill you and you won't go far wrong it's that bad! use your mirrors and life saver It can and does save lifes.OH and if you riding a bike be a biker theres nothing worse than being stuck behind a biker who won't overtake given opportunities (may as well drive a car)after all that have fun and stay safe ALPHA 19 ( MY OLD RIDER NUMBER)

Edited by klatuveradanikto

Don't all girls buy a Harley for the engine.

Does something and reaches parts other engines can't , Anne summers would sell them but to big to fit in a bag.

Well done welsh lamb.

Figgy

It's all in the marketing,Harleys are c*$p apart from the buell models (not made anymore) rich mans weekend toys IMHO.

Its funny, when i was 30 i went through all the bike tests and went looking at bikes, i had it all lined up then my stepdad took me to one side and gave me a massive ####ing and told me that i would probably die. I never did buy the bike, never have done but enjoyed learning. Glad i listened aswell.!!

Your loss :whistling:

Respect, but secretly you must have moments on those summer days when your sitting in a que of cars heading to your favourite coastal destination , just for a instant you wish you would have taken it up :good:

Think most of us feel that way till the British weather does as normal and tosses down,then I think glad I'm in here all warm.

Many times I've nearly done it and haven't with my family doing much the same as unapalomablancas.

Got myself a nice sporty convertible and can enjoy best of both other than nipping through traffic.

Figgy

Got myself a nice sporty convertible and can enjoy best of both other than nipping through traffic.

Figgy

No matter what sports car you have the average sports bike would leave you standing in second gear. I'd be half way across Britain before you had time to put your roof down!!!! Lol

Royal