Foxs not interested

Essex Keeper

Went out last night on the quad saw 5 foxs tried all the calls I've got even old faithful wouldnt bring them in (sucking on my hand is the best normally)

All ran off

One fox sat in a hedge about 300 yards over a river tried calling but wouldn't move so I drove around the farm came at him the other way lamp back on all I could see was rabbits great I said to my mate stalking bloody rabbits

my mate said the fox is behide the rabbits as he can see more sitting higher on the back so I turned the nd3 on and bingo foxy

So I mounted the gun there he was just sitting there not bothered buy the nd3

so I just watched for a minute

Pulled the trigger crack but no thud drove down and I'd missed and my excuse to my mate was I'd hit the hazel in front of him gutted

Wall calls are pw Using

Edited by m2tyj

Went out last night on the quad saw 5 foxs tried all the calls I've got even old faithful wouldnt bring them in (sucking on my hand is the best normally)

All ran off

One fox sat in a hedge about 300 yards over a river tried calling but wouldn't move so I drove around the farm came at him the other way lamp back on all I could see was rabbits great I said to my mate stalking bloody rabbits

my mate said the fox is behide the rabbits as he can see more sitting higher on the back so I turned the nd3 on and bingo foxy

So I mounted the gun there he was just sitting there not bothered buy the nd3

so I just watched for a minute

Pulled the trigger crack but no thud drove down and I'd missed and my excuse to my mate was I'd hit the hazel in front of him gutted

Wall calls are pw Using

Home made Tenerfield whistle to get them in round 200 yards and if it is safe whack them...

A widgeon whistle blown very softly if they stop coming to the first one and the one which is never far away is the back of my hand…

TEH

Tenterfield to get their attention and if it doesn't bring them in then back of the hand. Young foxes don't seem to like the tenterfield as its a bit harsh so I go with a widgeon whistle as a starter in the summer.

If they're not hungry they won't come to a call. Imagine you've just had a huge pub lunch and someone starts shouting "FREE BURGERS!" You're probably not going to be very interested.

I had a dog fox the other night at 150 yds that wouldn't respond and wasn't even looking. I said to my mate I think he's feeding on something so took the shot. When we picked him up he had half a rat in his mouth.

Edited by Gregthegreat

One of the best and cheapest fox callers i've used is a piece of broken polystyrene on a piece of glass or car window just wet or spit on it and rub away.i've had foxes come ln that close i've had to tap the roof of my landy to stop them getting in Lol. try it if you haven't already it really works but as with everything not all the time. regards fs1

One of the best and cheapest fox callers i've used is a piece of broken polystyrene on a piece of glass or car window just wet or spit on it and rub away.i've had foxes come ln that close i've had to tap the roof of my landy to stop them getting in Lol. try it if you haven't already it really works but as with everything not all the time. regards fs1

Like this

I'm sure I recognise him from somewhere?! :good: