So easy to get caught out - E111 or EHIC Application

TaxiDriver

Got to get an E111 for my sons school trip to France,

he tells me this AM that its got to be handed in to school by the end of the week :mad:

So, I go online to Google it, what is it, how much, how to get one etc etc

And I find the very official looking EHIC website, all the info, very convincing online application form,

fill it all in, and there's a £17.99 charge :/

Ok, partly panicked by the need for the certificate by end of week and convinced by the website I enter my card details, also in my mind was I thought it was free, but "ohh well, in this day and age rarely is anything free/ maybe its because Im applying online"

Spoke to someone at my sons school to confirm his EHIC was applied for but might be a couple of days late, and they confirmed it should be free, having checked the website address the school gave out in the letter and the site I was taken in by, there is a subtle difference.. one fullstop is placed differently thus making the address appear like the genuine one :mad: :mad: :mad:

And equally :mad: :mad: at myself for getting caught !!!

IF You or yours are applying for an E111 (now called an EHIC) for your hols this year, Please Don't get caught out.

Edited by TaxiDriver

Got to get an E111 for my sons school trip to France,

he tells me this AM that its got to be handed in to school by the end of the week :mad:

So, I go online to Google it, what is it, how much, how to get one etc etc

And I find the very official looking EHIC website, all the info, very convincing online application form,

fill it all in, and there's a £17.99 charge :/

Ok, partly panicked by the need for the certificate by end of week and convinced by the website I enter my card details, also in my mind was I thought it was free, but "ohh well, in this day and age rarely is anything free/ maybe its because Im applying online"

Spoke to someone at my sons school to confirm his EHIC was applied for but might be a couple of days late, and they confirmed it should be free, having checked the website address the school gave out in the letter and the site I was taken in by, there is a subtle difference.. one fullstop is placed differently thus making the address appear like the genuine one :mad: :mad: :mad:

And equally :mad: :mad: at myself for getting caught !!!

IF You or yours are applying for an E111 (now called an EHIC) for your hols this year, Please Don't get caught out.

Hope you cancelled your card!!!!

I'm sure you used to be able to pick up a booklet in the PO with the card already in it, you just filled in the form and sent it off to 'activate' the card.

I was very, very nearly caught out by the same website, it is very convincing. Something Should Be Done.

There's alot of websites which do this. Very legal they're just acting as the agent. There's alot of adverts on facebook about claiming a reduction in tax/ tax rebate for washing your own uniform which sounds great but they charge you a fee and take a percentage off the rebate. What they fail to mention is that you can do this for free by simply writing a letter to the tax office, and when you want to renew the reduction a phonecall.