plusnet, anyone use them?

Paddy Galore!

don't worry 4wd I have BT and am running on their "test" socket due to problems. Dealing with India has done my head in, being told as the test socket works its my problem really boiled my urine bearing in mind they installed the socket a year ago and the broadband router is plugged directly into it.

The test socket is used to isolate the dodgy internal house wiring get a filtered face plate and speed will go up! http://www.clarity.it/xcart/product.php?productid=16134&cat=262&page=1

If you do have extensions round the house and they still work when router is plugged into the test socket you have broken the BT/Openreach T&C's

In that case no charge to you for a fault....

I had 3 attempts to India to clarify that but as it was intermittant and stopped when using the test socket they just didn't want to know. Really I guess I ought to try the normal one again but as it works I've been lazy and left it.

I recently changed to them and reduced costs and increased speeds, no issues with them throttling downloads either. I doubt going with BT direct would make any difference in speeds alone, BT have to go through the same route to provide BB than other providers even if your exchange hasn't been unbundled, they would be in all sorts of poo with ofcom if they didnt provide an equal service.