1st Munty with 22.250

Dougy

I had an invite to see if we could thin out some Munty's, it was a hard decision, but i eventually got persuaded to get out of the house :lol:

Anyway got the gear sorted, bananas, flask,handwarmer, wolly hat, bino.s rifle and bullets and ready.

Up into a high seat and ready, bananas and coffee set out in a suitable position so as to cut down on any exsessive movement should i feel the need to grab a drink or eat.

rifle positioned bino's ready hat on, and then wait.

Well if i was after rabbits i could of bagged a few, there were plenty about. A few hen pheasants came out of cover onto the grass and joined a few rabbits, then a dark patch caught my eye to my right about 130 yds away, it was a Doe slowly coming out onto the grass, she turned showing nothing but her back end as she came out of the thicket.

Walking up hill and away from me there was no clear shot until she turned. She stopped looking up hill for a moment then turned her head looking down hill, then gave me the chance of the shot. She dropped without movement. Job done.

post-2987-0-48716900-1362572218_thumb.jpg

More sausages on the way.

A good bit of holdover then :lol:

I was just wondering how far up they have migrated, obviously as far as Staffs

Not that much holdover :rolleyes: I did manage to get out of the the arm chair to shoot it. I did wonder about taking the "mighty" but declined as at the mo it is scope'less as the Z4 is the actually on the M55 at the mo, just until i get some night vision sorted.

They have been around here for some time now, just not on my permisions. I bagged this on someone elses :innocent: ...... well if they dont go,spend there shooting time in the pub instead of shooting it could have been them and not me with a load more sausage to make. I got an invite to sort a problem out and get a result thats what happens.

edit to add;;; the M55 is not the motorway, for those who dont know :lol:

Edited by Dougy

am pretty certain Home Office guidance denies using .22 250 on deer............................. My FLO wont allow it any way, .243 upwards only

Yes it is legal !!! muntjac can be taken using 22 cf , must be on your ticket aswell.

A little more reading I think.