massey ferguson 590 tractors

hafod

hi

are there any agriculturial fitters out there ( or perhaps anyone who have restored one ), with any experience on working on massey ferguson 590 tractors 2wd and 4wd multipower models , particulary interested if theres differances gearbox wise and or backend wise , between the english built and french built models ,.

It's a long time ago the 590 was based on the 185 drive line and became the 590 with the introduction of the safety cab, if i remember correctly there was no mechanical difference the visual difference was the french build grey paintwork was darker , hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and help

serial number time my friend years ago i worked at mitchells etwall a massey dealers and there are differences in the boxes .without the serial number u could make an expensive mistake.cant remember specifics but they arent exactly the same atb clakk :good:.massys at desford wouldnt send gearbox stuff out without it cos they charge n arm n a leg for em .hopefully theres an agri mech on here can do specifics but as n ex parts person thats my main memory of em no seriel number no parts.

Edited by clakk

thanks clakk

thats what i was afraid of different gearbox input shaft splines , i dont want to go splitting both tractors apart only to find they wont marry up , sayiny that though i recevied a call today from a fitter at howard and sons in wiltshire , who sell referbished massey fergusons for export , and he said they are interchangable as they buy old masseys for the parts , well i guess i,ll find out sooner or later , as soon as the weather gets better .

thing to remember with a french massey its covered in fag ash and sets fire to english lambs at the dropof a hat :lol: :lol: .sorry il get me coat :whistling: ,seriousley though good luck its an oldd tractor they were old when i changed jobs 17 years ago.try J.M.JONES TYNWYDD TALSARN LAMPETTER DYFED .if their still going they were a big second hand dealers when i was involved and very knowledgable :good: