Good news on my road tax

shakari

I've just downloaded the exemption certificate that proves my 1982 Jeep Cherokee is a car of historical interest to the great nation of Portugal & therefore my annual road tax bill goes from a whopping E773 a year to zero! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAA!

My thanks to the kind people of ACP Classicos for their help, support & advice. :)

I reckon that's a right good result! :)

AAAAA1009.jpg

Well done , my jeep is £500 quid a year . the price you have to pay Eh !!!

Not any longer for me! LOL!

More seriously, I'd now like to convert it to LPG but it looks like I'll lose my road tax exemption if I do that....... in which case, I'll keep it as it is.

Edited by shakari

I've just downloaded the exemption certificate that proves my 1982 Jeep Cherokee is a car of historical interest to the great nation of Portugal & therefore my annual road tax bill goes from a whopping E773 a year to zero! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAA!

My thanks to the kind people of ACP Classicos for their help, support & advice. :)

I reckon that's a right good result! :)

AAAAA1009.jpg

That is one nice looking truck I have always liked the look of the full size cherokee LPG works well in jeeps but do get a quality setup fitted by professional fitters and you will be very happy with it.

I'm a great fan of LPG but unfortunately part of the exemption requirements is that I keep it on the original fuel so unless I can find a way over that, it'll have to remain as it is.

Glad you like the truck.......... I've had her for 10 years & she came with me to Portugal when we left South Africa & I love her immensely. :)

Thanks.

Spares are a bit of a PITA but that's got a bit easier now the truck & I are in Portugal rather than in Africa.

Other than the fuel consumption, she's also a very practical vehicle as well...... I used to take her up to Botswana at least once a year and she even coped with the virtually non-existent roads they have up there without any problems whatsoever. :)

Edited by shakari

I did see something on the TV some time ago talking about American trucks in Africa this guy was saying that they always used to use American but the newer one just fell apart and they had to spend most of the time welding them back together he said newer Land Rovers was not reliable so they went over to using Toyota Land cruisers and have no problems with them.

The Cruisers are indeed very popular in Africa nowadays but they've never had character & the newest ones IMO have too much technology like central locking & electric windows on 'em.

I don't think they're quite as capable off road in some ways as the Landy but character or not they do simply work......... I've crossed rivers with water well over the bonnet on many occasions & they don't even cough let alone stop.