Lions squad?

bridges

can i just ask who won the 6 nations?

can i ask who won the player of the tournament ?

not having ago but you english men can,t take a beating,at the moment the only lions fit for the english team are at longleat :whistling: i might be biased cos im welsh but i would atleast put 3/4 of the welsh team in it (not having ago just stating a fact) wales wales :yahoo::yahoo::good:

I'm not Welsh (an Ulsterman born in Glasgow) but I'm with you on this. The Welsh should be the backbone (although I wouldnt say three quarters. Three eighths to half?) Edited by Big Al

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as it grieves me to say this Sheridan kept Gethin Jenkins out of the Toulon team i believe. Has Sheridan retired from Test rugby?

Cheers

Aled

Not retired mate, just the RFU (Lancaster) won't play you if you play club rugby outside of the UK. But that's a completely different can of worms...

Ah makes sense always a good player Sherdan, loose head prop though there is quite a bit of strength accross the 4 home nations. Tight head however! As an aside in World rugby, the most highly paid position the glory boys in the backs or back row...No Tight head prop! (reference my brother who played profesional rugby.....) LOl

Cheers

Aled

15) Halfpenny
14) Cuthbert (Not 100% sure he'll get the spot)
13) Brian O'Driscoll
12) Roberts
11) North
10) HAVE WE EVEN GOT ONE??? Farrell?
9) Phillips

8) Faletau
7) Tipuric

6) Warburton

5) A W Jones

4) Parling

3) A Jones

2) R Hibbard

1) Healy / G Jenkins (cant decide, possibly jenkins as of experience with adam jones)

can i just ask who won the 6 nations?

can i ask who won the player of the tournament ?

not having ago but you english men can,t take a beating,at the moment the only lions fit for the english team are at longleat :whistling: i might be biased cos im welsh but i would atleast put 3/4 of the welsh team in it (not having ago just stating a fact) wales wales :yahoo::yahoo::good:

Shame the Welsh can't win anything south of the equator really. Experience of beating SH teams is important.

Lads let's keep this civil or it's gonna get out of hand.

Let's talk about the Lions tour of Australia and not having a go at who beat who!

Some of you IMO have had really constructive teams and like I said before it be great to see the selection finally announced now.

Just some friendly banter! The team selection is going to rise a whole new debate i reckon, possibly going to be some shockers announced? will soon see though, never or less still going to more than enjoy watching the Lions play!

Its okay we all forgot England beat the All Blacks ;) but couldn't go on to win the 6Nations? So much for SH Experience haha, didn't prove too helpful then did it!

But it probably will do against a southern hemisphere team...

Loading the squad with players who came from a long losing streak and then held it together for three matches before one convincing victory doesn't strike me as good team planning.

Personalities should also be taken into account, I'm not sure every player will see eye to eye with the coaching set up and that could impact performance.

Yep a good read its also really interesting, how a bloke we always thought of as totally self confidence really found life hard on occasions (he was abused as a child) how he enjoyed life in Soho after retirement is also amusing!

STOP PRESS: Eli Walker who i thought was an out field selection is injured and will not be available this summer. Its also a loss for Wales as he would definately had his chance in Japan.

Cheers

Aled

Brian Moore is normally bang on about things. Would be good to give a read.

One of my favourite moments of the 6 nations (and there werent many for Ireland fans) was the clear tension between Philip Matthews and Brian Moore during Ireland v England. Eddie Butler usually says nothing during Brians totally paritsan and ridiculously biased rants. Not so with Philip.

It sounded like it was all about to kick off at times .....