Shotgun

deadeye ive

What's your budget Ive?

AYA's are probably the best cheapy, the Yeoman is virtually indestructable, but very basic non ejector.

See what the others say.

I have a Zoli sat in my cabinet that I really ought to sell, if you remeber back a while it was one of the 2 guns I was given, so I would feel a bit bad flogging it (having already sold the other one :stupid: ) but for the right money I could soon get over it :P:no:

I was told buy 2 shops they fetch about £350-£400 in good nick, and it is vitually new, so I guess mates rates would bring that down to £300.

This is what it looked like before I stripped the varnish off and applied an oil finish to it, not sure if I have the 'after' pictures on my pc or on here I will keep looking.

It's a 28" ejector, single selective trigger, an over and under uses side by side is only way I could describe it, as it has a monte carlo type stock - not straight hand and it also has a central rib.

It is also not as light as most sbs's I have handled. It's choked 1/4 and 1/2 (it was 1/4 and 3/4's but I had it opened out, that alone was 60 quid..)

post-11-1145017241.jpg

Let me know if you are serious, but I would have thought you must be able to turn something up nearer to you, as I was also told secondhand sbs's of average quality, are very hard to sell these days.

Another vote for AYA.

My No 4 BLEJ was made in 1978 and is still as tight as a tight thing.

Condition is more important than age IMHO. There are some old doggy ones about and equally, some minters.

That Zoli looks rather nice as well, a recognised Italian maker.

The Fabarm Beta Europe range look good.

You can get a Beretta 626 for about £800 now as well (now that's a lovely gun).

AYA, Yeoman for a general purpose hack or No 4 for a bit more quality and ejectors. However; If you see a Sable deluxe its worth looking at. Various makers, but my brother recently bought a beautiful Arrieta made Sable, a true sidelock with detachable side plates, lovely wood and tight action, all for £350. the same gun with the Arrieta name is still available new but put a 0 on the price tag. DS.

White Fox, how do you find the muzzle flip on the Churchill XXV, out of curiosity?

To be honest, don't recall noticing it, if I did I must have adapted to it easily.

Seem to remember making high-bird clean-kills first time out with it.

No two guns are the same, I have three and they all must shoot differently, I just get on with it.

WF