Best conditions for foxing and rabbit shooting

Richy p

Out foxing now, and compared to this afternoon its quite pleasant! The wind has dropped and the moon has come out.....but I can't think of a worse night to be out. As said by everyone, had the most luck on a wet windy night for rabbits and a windy night with it snowing hard for foxes

I like foxing wen there's loads of snow on the ground. Hardly any need for a lamp and they're hungry as hell.

Snap its when you pick up the tricky customers as well, had a night out on Monday no need for a lamp at all and a really shy one came straight to the caller I'd been after it for weeks, spotted another at 600 yards plus that's how well you could see at 9pm

Going out some time over the next few nights to play with my new 22.250, after bedding in the barrel its all sweet and ready to go,

All the snow has gone round here which is a shame as like you said great for being able to see um with no lamp,

Will be nice when the southern storms get here, get them bunnies out a bit more,been a bit slow for me of late.