Losing a license

Cosd

A friend of mine has his SGC up for renewal, but as it stands he can't find his existing license.

It's almost certain the license is somewhere in the house but as he is renovating he can't find it; Of course I know lost is lost!

How will the FEO see this? And could it affect him getting a renewal?

Cos

I've still got most of my old ones they never bothered collecting them, so basically just post the renewal and confess he can't find his existing one when he gets to interview. It happens all the time people loosing or destroying tickets its no big issue

I have asked in the past what would happen - they have digital copies on the force computer which they can check anytime - just advise its 'lost in the renovation' and they will replace it without a problem.

Cheers

There is no requirement in law to give them back

Deershooter

:yes::good:

Years back they seemed to want to collect them, although I still have one many years old from my Father.

Mine are Coterminous and they haven't asked for them on the last couple of renewals, so I still have them! The Police checklist for renewal didn't ask for the existing Certificates.

I suspect that every region will deal with this in their own way though!

When I had my visit my feo told me if I lose my certificate tell them straight away so they can cancel it from the system and they will then send a new one at a charge of £8, this is cambridgeshire force.

they also said old certs that have fallen to bits will be replaced free of charge as long as you had the old one to give them.

Edited by smokinggun

A friend of mine has his SGC up for renewal, but as it stands he can't find his existing license.

It's almost certain the license is somewhere in the house but as he is renovating he can't find it; Of course I know lost is lost!

How will the FEO see this? And could it affect him getting a renewal?

Cos

It won't affect his renewal at all. People loose their certs all the time. I lost my FAC once (I think it was actually returned by someone who found it) and didn't make any difference.

They charge you for a replacement.

J.