head camera

Depends on the model you go for, you would have to get your own memory card for any camera. (here is spec for one of them below)

Camcorder model number GP1022

• Black.
  • 1080p high definition recording. :yes:
  • microSDHC memory card formats.
  • Recording time dependent on memory card size.
  • Digital picture processing.
  • MP4 file format.
  • 11MP digital stills. :yes:
  • Stereo sound. :yes:

Features:

• CMOS sensor.
  • Auto focus. :yes:
  • CMOS shift image stabilisation.
  • Timelapse recording. :yes:
  • Slow motion recording. :yes:
  • Wind noise reduction. :yes:
  • Waterproof up to 60m. :yes:

General information:

• DV output.
  • HDMI connection. :yes:
  • Battery level indicator.
  • Rechargeable Li-ion battery supplied.
  • Requires 1 x Lithium Ion (included) :yes: .
  • Includes USB cable, remote control and waterproof case. :yes::yes:
  • Weight 73.7g. :yes:
  • Size H4, W6, D2cm.
  • Manufacturer's 2 year guarantee. :yes:
Edited by The Ghost

Depends on the model you go for, you would have to get your own memory card for any camera. (here is spec for one of them below)

Camcorder model number GP1022

• Black.
  • 1080p high definition recording. :yes:
  • microSDHC memory card formats.
  • Recording time dependent on memory card size.
  • Digital picture processing.
  • MP4 file format.
  • 11MP digital stills. :yes:
  • Stereo sound. :yes:

Features:

• CMOS sensor.
  • Auto focus. :yes:
  • CMOS shift image stabilisation.
  • Timelapse recording. :yes:
  • Slow motion recording. :yes:
  • Wind noise reduction. :yes:
  • Waterproof up to 60m. :yes:

General information:

• DV output.
  • HDMI connection. :yes:
  • Battery level indicator.
  • Rechargeable Li-ion battery supplied.
  • Requires 1 x Lithium Ion (included) :yes: .
  • Includes USB cable, remote control and waterproof case. :yes::yes:
  • Weight 73.7g. :yes:
  • Size H4, W6, D2cm.
  • Manufacturer's 2 year guarantee. :yes:

how long do the battery last for?

Although the Go Pro is an excellent camera, reading all the negative reports about it, especially the lack of after sales service, convinced me not to buy one. I did go and buy an Action Cam #3 720HD (Chilli Cam) camera, which, for the price I paid (around £50) will suit my needs.

It's very light in weight and small. I have'nt given it an exhaustive test yet, but early trials proved positive. I strapped the camera onto the barrel of my semi auto shotgun, and it absorbed the recoil quite well without knocking itself off. Sound and image quality is good too. I did a trial film of shooting squirrel dreys/squirrels, and it captured it well. For my needs, which will be mainly filming Corvid shooting, it will suit me well. You can't compare the quality with something like a Go Pro, but for the money, it's well worth it. Mine was purchased via Amazon, and the first one that I bought developed a fault. I got in touch with Amazon, and a replacement was sent to me before they had received the returned one.

For general filming, which for most of us on PW will be shooting, I recommend this product.

This is the link to the camera, and where I purchased mine from.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005PK5J74/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9557943789&ref=asc_df_B005PK5J74

Thanks for that Steve have you got any videos on YouTube so I can compare and have a look at

Sorry, I did'nt put the video on Youtube, as it was a bit 'trial and error'. However, if you type in 'Chilli Cam' or 'Action Cam #3' on Youtube, there should be some good footage of the camera being used. One thing I did discover when filming the shooting of squirrels/dreys, is that because the camera was pointed towards the sky, the footage looked to be in black and white. But you would probably get this with most cameras.

Steve.

What was your fault buddy, as I have had two of them and returned both due to the button and it not functioning.

the button was held down but did nothing .

that seemed a common and known issue, after that and all the issues I bought the contour.

The fault on the one I had was that there was a 'whirring' sound coming from inside the camera. When the video footage was played back, the sound could be heard. The camera was changed, no questions asked. The replacement sent appears to be okay, but I have'nt used it for at least 6 months. I'm hoping to get some good filming with it soon.

I use the chilli cam. I did have a fault on mine but amazon sent a replacement the next day. I like mine and footage is good. I have a few vids on youtube if you want to compare. Its the head cam shots, not the distance ones. ( Just type in sjb685 ). Some of the go pro footage seems to have that 'fish eye' look that I dont like. Not sure if its a setting on the camera as I dont have one.