Tika t3 v Remington 700

whitehackle

As tikkas popularity grows, especially on the otherside of the pond, more custom parts are becoming available. Bell and Carlson do some nice stocks, this one on my Tikka 308 is alley pillar and block bedded and is five ounces lighter than the original Hunter woodwork. If anyone is in need of Timney trigger for a 700 I have a little used one for sale.

post-22471-0-07705700-1365969380_thumb.jpg

The new type of trigger on mine was not adjustable IIRC, I don't know about the latest ones. Mine was about 4lb and after trying to get used to it and not I set about trying to fix it before spending more lolly.

Others may find dipping in their pocket to find a solution acceptable, I being mechanically minded like finding faults and fixing them but hey don't worry I won't hold it against you! Lol.

U.

The new type of trigger on mine was not adjustable IIRC, I don't know about the latest ones. Mine was about 4lb and after trying to get used to it and not I set about trying to fix it before spending more lolly.

Others may find dipping in their pocket to find a solution acceptable, I being mechanically minded like finding faults and fixing them but hey don't worry I won't hold it against you! Lol.

U.

FIRST X Mark Pro, similar layout to Old Remington Trigger.

post-20848-0-51218100-1366008459_thumb.jpg

How you adjust it.

post-20848-0-61221600-1366008481_thumb.gif

Latest X Mark Pro

post-20848-0-03684400-1366008529_thumb.jpg

How you adjust it.

post-20848-0-53344300-1366009941_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dekers

I have had one on my 22lr, worked fine for ages but then just would not keep zero. Good scope for the money, I could of just bought another and still saved money.

Rerggiegun

I have perhaps been fortunate, the engineering is not great but the glass is exceptionally good for the money.

U.

you've got to wonder what would happen with filing bits and tampering with bits that have been made to be non adjustable were you to have it go off accidentally and shoot someone. Most parts I'd agree with playing with but tampering with a non adjustable trigger is one for the foolhardy, now if its like Dekers example no problem but if its been made so you can't its one bit i wouldn't mess with.

As tikkas popularity grows, especially on the otherside of the pond, more custom parts are becoming available. Bell and Carlson do some nice stocks, this one on my Tikka 308 is alley pillar and block bedded and is five ounces lighter than the original Hunter woodwork. If anyone is in need of Timney trigger for a 700 I have a little used one for sale.

attachicon.gifTikka stock A (2).JPG

doesn't this defeat the object of arguing you need to change bits on a 700 :)

Thanks Dekers for the images. Mine was the non adjustable, wish it had been, it would of saved me alot of work.

Al4x, you don't know what you are talking about and are simply assuming based on your own ignorance.

No files were used at all, and the rifle could be banged and bumped with no threat of an an accidental discharge, do you really think I am as ignorant as to not be able to disern the importance of having a 100% reliable safe trigger unit on a rifle?

You pompous self rightous ingnorant arrogant tit!

U.

Edited by Underdog

doesn't this defeat the object of arguing you need to change bits on a 700 :)

Oh dear al4x, your off missing ye old point again though no doupt you will make this into a 20 post rant bout nowt, well I'm up for it as usual. Right as your a little on the slow side, The point made was the tikka shoots brilliantly out of the box but ( for those such scroundrels of money waste) more parts are becoming available if you want ta bling it up a bit. :no::no::no:

Thanks Dekers for the images. Mine was the non adjustable, wish it had been, it would of saved me alot of work.

Al4x, you don't know what you are talking about and are simply assuming based on your own ignorance.

No files were used at all, and the rifle could be banged and bumped with no threat of an an accidental discharge, do you really think I am as ignorant as to not be able to disern the importance of having a 100% reliable safe trigger unit on a rifle?

You pompous self rightous ingnorant arrogant tit!

U.

Before the name calling who was it said it was non adjustable? It appears that was the incorrect suggestion if you didn't modify it

Tikka 595 progressed to T3, isnt the world supposed to be getting better? With accountants at Bretta in charge further degredation will no doubt continue...........discuss

Many suggest the 595 is a better gun than the T3 (I'm not actually arguing) BUT, .......by what measure, it doesn't shoot any better and is unlikely to be more reliable or last longer, so, by what parameters is it a better gun that makes it any better in day to day use? :hmm::hmm:

Edited by Dekers

my mate has a 595, nice rose wood end, nice stock with cheek piece, more solid feel to mag and I don't think it has the plastic bit on the bolt shroud. Does it shoot better than my T3, is it as light as my T3 to both answers its a big no, will my Tikka wear the years like me mates 595, only time will tell.

Oh Underdog, a quick word about al4x, don't rise to it like I do, he is rather 'special' you know.

Thanks all

Very interesting stuff. As I want a rifle that performs well straight out of the box and have to stick to a budget.

The tika seems to be the one for me.

I will go to the gun shop and handle one again then when variation is through get sorted and let you know how I go on.