Whats your best ammuntion for the Howa 1500 .243

I've heard that the powershok are good, whats the average price?

If I was nt reloading id use federal powershok 100 grain iv shot fox to big fallow in the rut with no problems the 80 grains also a good bullet

Edited by Anth6568

Those 90's are quite cheap, how do they group at say 100y? what barrel lenght do you have?

Hi my Howa shoots 90grn Privi or Sako in 90grn and 70grn, for some reason it don't seem to do well with 100grn. Atb Woodydog.

Do they group well?

I was getting the 100 grain powershok for £ 20 a box but I think there around 25 now

Fair point, Henry Kranks down the road sells Privi i think?

Its more likely to be a case of what you can get in the area where you live that will be the deciding factor. i could say Sako for example but if your local dealer only stocks Winchester then thats what you will be shooting. Always try Privi if you can.

I was using feds (100g) but had to switch to sako 90g when they were out of stock.

Have found that they give much better groups at 100yards and have thought that they dont seem to drop some things as I would hope.

Edd

I have wondered about the weight issue verses knock down power, and i undestand that the twist rate is designed to be around the 90g mark. I suppose that its a matter of balance and testing.

I was using feds (100g) but had to switch to sako 90g when they were out of stock.

Have found that they give much better groups at 100yards and have thought that they dont seem to drop some things as I would hope.

Edd

Those 90's are quite cheap, how do they group at say 100y? what barrel lenght do you have?

Hi sorry for the late reply my Howa has 18inch barrel and will do 1/2 at 100yds three shots with ppu, Atb Woodydog.

Not sure which barrel to get though?

A .243 one would be good. :whistling:

Depends what you're going to do with it really. My .223 is a heavy barrel and the beastie is damned heavy. If you're going to be carting it about on your shoulder get a sporter.

A .243 one would be good. :whistling:

Depends what you're going to do with it really. My .223 is a heavy barrel and the beastie is damned heavy. If you're going to be carting it about on your shoulder get a sporter.

It will be for deer hunting mainly, was thinking about 22inch or so. Then I need to think about the moderator?

It will be for deer hunting mainly, was thinking about 22inch or so. Then I need to think about the moderator?

I believe he meant Heavy or Light barrel, not length! :good:

Some like heavy some light, if you are deer stalking I see little need for a heavy barrel, and if you are walking a lot, neither will you! :good: