Suprised at speed of royal mail

lxtav

I know there have been a few threads recently having a go at the Royal mail but I think we should also give credit where credits due.

Went to cut the grass last night and found that the mice we had in the stable had also been in the other shed and chewed a hole in the primer bulb for the lawnmower. After some choice words (also lost a green house in the wind and have a garden covered in glass) went on line and ordered one from Ebay. Ordered it at 1728hrs last night and it was marked dispatched by the company at 1733hrs which I thought was impressive. But 0930this morning get a knock at the door and it' s the postman with some other parcels and the primer bulb I ordered last night.

That's 450 miles it has come in 16 hours which is pretty good. When royal mail get it right they are impressive but a total disaster when they get it wrong.

Royal mail are not as bad as people make out the amount lost compared to the amount delivered

Many items wouldn't go missing if addresses were attached correctly and also something with an address was put inside the parcel

I used to send about 400 items per week and in 2 year 3 parcels went missing but only 1 never turned up

They are awful in my experience. I am waiting for a fly line to turn up which was posted a week ago, they have previously "lost" a beach rod which was in an 8ft long tube and we regularly receive damaged letters.

Time they lost their "Royal" bit until they can provide a decent service - the prices are going up and the service standard is going down.