FEO coming over

Mentalmac

Hi Guys,

Oh my word – after waiting for 3 weeks since sending my co-term application in for FAC and Shotgun licence and noticing the cheque was cleared the other day; I get a phone call from the FEO who only works a couple of days a week and as I can’t make next week as I’ll be away, I agreed to him coming over TONIGHT!

ARGH nerves. He seems a good chap, and I know what I want to say and am a sensible guy (I think?!) but I still feel like the feeling you get before a job interview, feels all so quick! I wanted it done quick, now I want to play for time.

Better get some hobnobs on the way home

Any luck anyone can send over, muchos gracias

If he's coming at night dim the lights, open a nice bottle of red wine put some Sinatra on in the background, slip on a pair of satin pyjamas and a satin dressing gown, put on your best old spice and woo him into giving you that licence.

If he's coming at night dim the lights, open a nice bottle of red wine put some Sinatra on in the background, slip on a pair of satin pyjamas and a satin dressing gown, put on your best old spice and woo him into giving you that licence.

now that's one approach iv never heard if lol 😃

That's a new tactic that I haven't heard of before mate!

Seriously, you should not need luck. All you need to do is be yourself. He is not there to try to trick you or catch you out on anything. All he will do is chat to you about your application and check out your security. He might talk to you about your permission(s) and firearms safety but he is not a "big bad ogre" so just be yourself. Be honest and most importantly of all don't try giving him any bull ****!

I'm sure you will be fine!

Oh, and don't forget the obligatory offer of a cuppa and chocky bickies!

Mate had my interview a week ago and got my liscience thro in 2 days, got accepted for 2 x .22lr a .357 a .223 and a .308 as all mine for target shooting. Didn't get asked bowt different ballistics just mainly security of the home etc they just there to make sure they are giving a liscience to sumone suitable nothing to be worried about even tho a wad bricking mine lol

Update:

He was a great chap, older gent and was reasonable. asked me lots of questions moreabout my understanding of safety with a gun, difference between accident and incident etc... not such like "What is this?" type questions, more topics for us to discuss. He would ask me what my understanding was and then tell me his perception etc...

Felt very at ease and was happy to ask him lots of questions back at the end.

Walked out the door saying I should ahve my licence in 3 weeks :-D!!!

Only issue i have is I need to pick wether to get .22 WMR or 17 HMR :-S

To decide on which to pick from the .22WMR and the .17HMR it will be easier to try to advise you if you were to tell us on what sort of shooting you are likely to be wanting either for mate. Even so there will be mixed opinions in the amswers from members on here as part of it is down to individual preferences.

Thanks mate,
In honesty it's 100 to 150 yard bunny shooting on flat land with lot sof rabbits much can't get within 100 yards easily enough. (otherwise I'd have an Lr).

Wouldn't mind a short range fox gun, (In Essex apparently WMR is ok for foxes) but then again I don't see many on my perm (If any).

oh the dilema!

thats HMR territory with the longer shots and being flat you want a light bullet that breaks up. Foxes well you have to see what conditions they give, if you know thats essex's opinion then don't ask and if you get vermin or pest control then crack on and shoot them sensibly. BASC will confirm that foxes meet the definition of vermin job done.

thats HMR territory with the longer shots and being flat you want a light bullet that breaks up. Foxes well you have to see what conditions they give, if you know thats essex's opinion then don't ask and if you get vermin or pest control then crack on and shoot them sensibly. BASC will confirm that foxes meet the definition of vermin job done.

That sounds reasonable to me! Unless your area clearly specifies that you can not use a .17HMR for foxes I personally would crack on with the HMR option as it is a flatter shooting rifle for qaurry out to about 175 yards plus when set up and zeroed accordingly!