chrono

marc020

Wot 'e said! There's nothing better really. There are some more fancy ones that give you the ability to fire of a string of shots without the need to reset, but they don't do the all important Ft/lb we all need to know to keep an airgun legal, which is why I've not bothered to upgrade.The CB625 does that and gives you FPS as well. I've not done it YET, but if you happen to shoot the thing by accident, getting parts and repairs is so easy. If you've got short arms (as I have) or a long barrel then it can be a bit of a pain reaching forward and resetting after each shot, but it's a small price to pay for knowing you're gun's legal!

the homepage is http://www.chronoscopes.com/, but they pop up from time to time as second hand jobs.

Wot 'e said! There's nothing better really. There are some more fancy ones that give you the ability to fire of a string of shots without the need to reset, but they don't do the all important Ft/lb we all need to know to keep an airgun legal, which is why I've not bothered to upgrade.The CB625 does that and gives you FPS as well. I've not done it YET, but if you happen to shoot the thing by accident, getting parts and repairs is so easy. If you've got short arms (as I have) or a long barrel then it can be a bit of a pain reaching forward and resetting after each shot, but it's a small price to pay for knowing you're gun's legal!

the homepage is http://www.chronoscopes.com/, but they pop up from time to time as second hand jobs.

Chris.

What you say is very true. I myself have a Chrony F1 gives me more scope and can be used to test anything from full bore rifles to catapults. However as you say it does not give Ft/lb

this can be worked out by using the calculation ..... velocity x velocity x pellet weight divided by 450,240 on a calculator.

I got mine from a shop on eBay for around 60 quid I seem to remember.

I also use an aas410 tdr and found pressure is at max around the 150-60 bar level so fire an air store off to work out pressure and shots and drop off. I usually only take up to 5 shots in the field and I'm done so 15o bar does me at max pressure, but if you want the 60 odd shots or so From a full cylinder bear in mind if you start at say 180 bar 12lbs you may be over (just) later on.

I have a 625 mark 4, it is a great little device. The thing with the Combro is, results are repeatable as the chrono is fixed in position. I recommend a Combro, it is much better than jail!

Mole.

I agree but ....... I still don't know why they don't allow air rifles up to 20 FT/LB to be held by Shotgun certificate holders, as these people will have been checked out by the police. It also allows for any margin of error when fitting new springs and seals

Mole.

I agree but ....... I still don't know why they don't allow air rifles up to 20 FT/LB to be held by Shotgun certificate holders, as these people will have been checked out by the police. It also allows for any margin of error when fitting new springs and seals

I'm not following that, where did you come up with this from, why 20ft lb, what has a shotgun got to do with an Air Rifle, why not let a SGC holder own a .22lr then as well? :hmm: :hmm: ??????

I'm not following that, where did you come up with this from, why 20ft lb, what has a shotgun got to do with an Air Rifle, why not let a SGC holder own a .22lr then as well? :hmm: :hmm: ??????

and, what if you don't have a shotgun? then you're going to need to know what the ft/lb is! it's not a question of what type of license it's a question of knowing you're not breaking the law!

Cheers CJPainter, Got everything on licence and ticket, but if I get caught with over 12 ft/lb air rifle it's big trouble if it's not on a FAC ticket. A 22lr to 243cf is ok but if that air rifle is over and not on ticket then goodbye to shooting.

Cheers CJPainter, Got everything on licence and ticket, but if I get caught with over 12 ft/lb air rifle it's big trouble if it's not on a FAC ticket. A 22lr to 243cf is ok but if that air rifle is over and not on ticket then goodbye to shooting.

It was more in general than directed at you. I have no FAC/SGC, so rely on being able to accurately measure the FT/lb of both my guns! Getting done for having an over-powered air rifle when you have both FAC and SCG would be daft though! so not worth losing both tickets for the price of £50 for a chrono!