which daystate?

weihrauch hw100

Im saving my money up as well to get one at the Midlands Gamefair. Looking at the Huntsman as its light and super accurate and its holds enough shots for most decent sorties out in the field.

The reviews on here are in abundance if you look for them and nearly all praise Daystate Rifles up with very high reguards. Can get mine sooner if i really wanted to but thought id save for it an get a bargain at the fair.

Which ever Daystate you choose you wont go far wrong with it.

ATB

DD

I've got a Air Ranger in .177 and my mate got a Huntsman Classic in .177.

Both rifles are superb and extremely accurate.

My Air Ranger is an early model and is regulated and I can get over 400 shots per charge-the downside it is a heavy rifle.

The Huntsman Classic is a very lightweight rifle and offers around 70 shots per charge!

There are pros and cons with both rifles.

I use my Air Ranger around Farm buildings so no need for me to lug it around for long periods.

ATB in whatever rifle you choose but remember with a Daystate Rifle your getting a Precision Air-Rifle that oozes quality and Daystate have a second to none excellent Customer Service!

the two rifles you mentioned both ooze quality, i own the huntsman classic in .22 . it is super accurate to 55 yrds and being a .22 the knock down power on live quarry is very good, it is nice and slim and very light to hump about for a days stalking, i,ve had it since last september and bought it new to use for hunting and all i can say is i have not had one single fault on it since and i have put 5,000 + pellets through it and it has never let me down,,

as for the air ranger i am picking one of these up this sept in .177, i just love the gun to bits after trying one, but i could not honestly see any difference between the two in accuracy,they are both solid and superbly built quality rifles but as bulletboy said,daystates aftersales is second to none they truelly are a fantastic company to deal with and will help customers out no problem,

i could not pick between the two so that is why i,m picking up a ranger soon,truelly awsome pieces of kit and believe me you will not be dissapointed when you aquire either rifle.

good luck with your choice, you will not regret buying either but for me the huntsman is the one for carrying round hunting ,,all the best Evo

Both will serve you very well, as with anything second hand make sure you buy something looked after and not fiddled with.

If its just for hunting I would say the Huntsman. I have one in FAC and love it. If your going to do lots of HFT and paper punching it may be worth getting the ranger to add the extra shot capacity !

Both are excellent air rifles and you should enjoy them both, keep us posted with what you get in the end and how you get on with it !

ATB

Matt

Hi, you all no what i think of the daystates for accuricy , after the stick i got the other week anyway. i love the air ranger, but i put a hawk sidewinder on and a bipod , and its a bit of weight to hug around the fields , so i parted with my air rangers , and got the huntsman 177call and 22call , all have the harper valve fitted , it is as good as regulated. i have had daystates for years, two dastate LR90s and a bull pup, and a few x2 sporters and mk4 and 3 air rangers . all of these the accurisy brilliant , hope this helps you good luck. border....

thanks guys.ive decided to go for the huntsman classic. love the look of the gun and most of my shooting is hunting.im going for .177 as ive allways used these for hunting.cant wait to get it.was looking at a mtc viper 6-24x56 ir scope.anyone have any views on this scope?oh and im buying the gun brand new .cheers

Iv got the x2 just put it on fac it was good accurate rifle before even better now rats and rabbits certainly don't like it I agree with salop sniper that scope could be over kill for an air rifle but its your money and your choice best of luck with whatever you get you won't be disappointed with daystate

3 x 9 x 50 is ample for an air Rifle your only going to be shooting 60 yds tops. :yes:

If you have a go at FT or HFT you will find most will only let you have 12 x mag scope max. :good:

I have a Daystate Hunsman FTR and it`s deadly accurate out to 60 70 yds shooting paper targets. :yahoo:

And the scope that is on it is a 3 x 9 x 56. It has taken many Rabbits. Rats. crows. out to 50 yds. :good:

The Daystate Huntsman is amazingly accurate it`s the carbon element at the back of the gun that let`s it down. :lol:

I use either 10 x or 6x mag on my air rifles :D

No need for bigger than 40mm at the front or the extra light at the front cant be used by the human eye so its wasted, so a 44 is plently and 50 is the maximum you want really. (ether is even an exact formula to prove this that i was once shown)

ATB

Matt

thanks guys.ive decided to go for the huntsman classic. love the look of the gun and most of my shooting is hunting.im going for .177 as ive allways used these for hunting.cant wait to get it.was looking at a mtc viper 6-24x56 ir scope.anyone have any views on this scope?oh and im buying the gun brand new .cheers

You won't regret getting a Huntsman Classic-superb rifle!

ATB.

I had the mk4 is but sold it as was too heavy, i now have the huntsman in .22 12ft/lbs and fac huntsman 30ft/lbs, both guns weigh exactly the same, they come to the shoulder superbly and are very accurate, on the 12ft/lbs model i can get 80+ shots before the power drops off and with the FAC i can get 34 shots before the power drops. Excellent choice, i will not be changing either of these guns