Bluing touch up

Davidbj123

• 2 weeks later...

Oh really! Was there a specific time before you could touch it? I will have ago I think see what happens!

It rubbed off virtually straight away when you touch the part , I suppose it wouldn't rub off if you never touch or clean your barrel !

If you've bought it already use it see how you get in with it , or a permanent black marker would do the same job :yes:

I understand from my RFD that it is necessary to degrease the area before applying touch up products. Using meths etc is no good as they leave a thin surface film when dry. The recommendation was a product called Birchwood Degreaser and not to touch the affected area between degreasing and applying the touch up paint.

I understand from my RFD that it is necessary to degrease the area before applying touch up products. Using meths etc is no good as they leave a thin surface film when dry. The recommendation was a product called Birchwood Degreaser and not to touch the affected area between degreasing and applying the touch up paint.

Right ok thanks for your help!, what touch up paint have you used?