Faith Restored by PW members

rimfire4969

I have to say a big thank you to 3 members on Pigeon Watch.

Pestcontrol1

Shooterman49

Kdubya

I asked for any unwanted fishing gear for my boy. The 3 above have given very generously and not wanted anything in return. So i have made some donations to the RNLI, Air Ambulance and a Childrens Hospice here in Cornwall on their behalf.

We have now got a few rods and reels plus other bits and pieces enough for my son and 3 of his friends to go fishing with some success over the last week or so.

Due to the donations from the 3 guys above we have ended up with more tackle than we can use at once. So I have spoken to a few people where we live and made them aware that i have some fishing tackle for local children to borrow and use under supervision from a parent.

My idea is to let the families borrow the kit when they want for a day or two with some friends and hopefully get into fishing where they could not before due to lack for tackle. I have already got a fairly experienced Dad happy to take a few kids and Dads and show them the ropes. I hope this is the first step for some of these children to get away from their PS3's or Xbox and enjoy what the sea on our doorstep has to offer. So far i have had a few Dads take me up on this and ask for some kit to take their kids out for a fish and everyone seems to have had a great time.

All this could not of happened without the three named above.

A big thanks from my Son Lewis, his mates and myself.

Kevin

Kevin,

thats brilliant,

I was going to ask you about any sea fishing off the beach when we come down on our jollies in July.

But as we don't have any roads/tackle didn't seem much point (doubt it worth buying stuff for a one off

Never done it on/off a beach before, always seemed a bit radom throwing a small bait out into such a mass of water :unsure:

Great stuff, and great idea, I've just got my fishing licence and will be out on the canal soon after pike, I had many happy day as a kid on the canal. That's what kids should be doing it costs nowt and is better than them sat on there backsides messing with gadgets and gizmos, sea fishing is ace you can catch your diner/ supper etc the kids will love it,

Gentlemen I applaud you,

Atb

Flynny