Saturday = Play day

NickB65

Well I have an update from the farmer and 200+ where on the Beet this afternoon and 50+ on the Rape (in the areas its already been easten) so tomorrow I shall be up early to scope out the Beet field - new perm for me - and we shall see how it goes.

BLOODY TYPICAL..... perfect day for shooting and I come down with a stomach bug.... and I mean a mother of a bug.... been up since 4am and I must have lost a stone in weight....

So, time to get fit for tomorrow.... flat coke, nurofen, lots of water and a spare loo role in case...... my one weekend to shoot and I'm sick...... Aghhhhhh

BLOODY TYPICAL..... perfect day for shooting and I come down with a stomach bug.... and I mean a mother of a bug.... been up since 4am and I must have lost a stone in weight....

So, time to get fit for tomorrow.... flat coke, nurofen, lots of water and a spare loo role in case...... my one weekend to shoot and I'm sick...... Aghhhhhh

Don't worry, you know I made a thread about the farmer re-drilling one of the pea fields? - turns out he's redrilling the other two today. (and they've stopped feeding on the drill from the first field).

Oh well, I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Always the way Nick been looking forward to something for a couple of weeks the day it comes your ill or car doesn't seem to want to work ! Hope you feel better and get out there! Fresh area might do you good! Let us know how you get on!!

20 or so. It would of been a better day but the wind was strong, the place I wanted to go someone had put a sodding horse like 10 meters from where my hide would of been. The other option was to set up with the fight line going the wrong way, so I set up agaist a tree between.

Apart from my hide getting blown to bits it was okay. Shot like a **** but I did have a difficult shooting position.

Oh well, hopefully they'll start feeding on either of the two other fields, which are a lot easier to shoot from.

20 or so. It would of been a better day but the wind was strong, the place I wanted to go someone had put a sodding horse like 10 meters from where my hide would of been. The other option was to set up with the fight line going the wrong way, so I set up agaist a tree between.

Apart from my hide getting blown to bits it was okay. Shot like a **** but I did have a difficult shooting position.

Oh well, hopefully they'll start feeding on either of the two other fields, which are a lot easier to shoot from.

Just out of interest, why was the shooting position dificult?

Just out of interest, why was the shooting position dificult?

Shooting half way into a ditch, with a tree hanging over my head . I managed to find a small flat-ish bit but it wasn't perfect, everything ended up very wobbly, if you where given shots that allowed you just to "poke" at pigeons you where fine but I was having real issues with anything that involved swinging the gun further than a foot.

Shooting half way into a ditch, with a tree hanging over my head . I managed to find a small flat-ish bit but it wasn't perfect, everything ended up very wobbly, if you where given shots that allowed you just to "poke" at pigeons you where fine but I was having real issues with anything that involved swinging the gun further than a foot.

Maybe it would have been easier to put a hide above the ditch.