aske hall

MAL S

Had a very high number of entries due to the weather been so good and the fact it was a game fair. This did mean there was a bit of waiting at some of the stands but I feel that most of the shooters accepted that and the feed back from the majority was that it had been an enjoyable course with some targets for all levels of experience.

The main shoot was won with a very good score of 37/40 and the ladies High Gun was taken with, I believe, 31 by Linda Harding.

If any of the markers or people who helped set up the shoot on the day before the event are on this forum, I would like to say a big thanks for all your help and also to the majority of the shooters for been polite and patient and most of you bar one ****, who knows who he is, for placing your empty cartridges in the bins provided.

Not sure yet how much was raised for charity but will post on here to let people know as soon as I find out.

Just got the totals in from Aske and the amount raised is around the £12,000 mark which will be split between the Rifles Welfare Fund and The Army Benevolent Fund.

Makes all the hard work worthwhile and a big thanks to the generous shooters who parted with their hard earn cash. A special thanks to Andrew Morrow who's team won the Flush Shoot and put their prize money back into the Charity.

Hope to see you all next year.

I don't think that there's been any results published but I do know that there was a run off for first, a friend of mine should have been in it but the daft sod had gone home, I know his score was 59/60. Two dogs did run off & they couldn't split them after several goes so both were awarded first.