Couple of hours with the HMR

Tod

Went over to Tex's for a couple of hours with the HMR at teatime to keep knocking a dent in the rabbits, it was a nice warm evening to be out but it was hard going to spot them due to the grass and nettles growing like crazy over the last couple of weeks, did some nice headshots but then again had to as thats all we could see half the time, thats over 80 rabbits in the last month, the HMR really is a cracking bunny basher.

Cheers Tex, see ya soon :good:

post-53283-0-19715200-1371592062_thumb.jpg

:shoot: Youre welcome anytime tod. Should get the grass strips cut in the next couple of week (weather permiting)

Will sort a day for you to come & sort theese canada geese out their hammering the veg plants,counted

40 + droping on the fields this morning.

Good shooting Tod, and quite a good bag too! :good:

I went out yesterday evening to check on one of my farms as the farmer and his family are away for a couple of days and he asked me if I would mind just looking in now and then to make it look like there was someone about! I took my .222 in the hope that there might be a fox about but no luck on that front but unfortunately a rabbit sat up in the long grass and offed me a head shot at about 120 yards - The result was one decapitated bunny - Not a big bag but rabbit for tea tonight! :yes: Lot's of young ones about but as you say they are hard to spot now the grass is growing like crazy so they will have to wait till the grass is cut and they are a bit bigger (Table size).

It really can be a devil of a job spotting rabbits in the longer grass, nettles and weeds at this time of the year!

Looks good mate always nice to get something cheep shame it wasn't under better sercomstanses. :/

Wait till hes had his eyes tested their will be no bunny safe, Hes a yorkshire man the only word he knows is (cheep. )

Amazed you will have to pop over with tod and fetch youre hornet when crops get droped .

Wait till hes had his eyes tested their will be no bunny safe, Hes a yorkshire man the only word he knows is (cheep. )

Amazed you will have to pop over with tod and fetch youre hornet when crops get droped .

Ha ha I know that feeling :)

Thanks mate sounds like a plan to me :good:

Ps just noticed how I spelt circumstances ha ha :/

Good shooting Tod, and quite a good bag too! :good:

I went out yesterday evening to check on one of my farms as the farmer and his family are away for a couple of days and he asked me if I would mind just looking in now and then to make it look like there was someone about! I took my .222 in the hope that there might be a fox about but no luck on that front but unfortunately a rabbit sat up in the long grass and offed me a head shot at about 120 yards - The result was one decapitated bunny - Not a big bag but rabbit for tea tonight! :yes: Lot's of young ones about but as you say they are hard to spot now the grass is growing like crazy so they will have to wait till the grass is cut and they are a bit bigger (Table size).

It really can be a devil of a job spotting rabbits in the longer grass, nettles and weeds at this time of the year!

At least you got your tea Pete, saves having to cut the head of too using the .222 :lol: , roll on harvest

Whats tha trying to say fella, av got feelings tha nos, av told thi am not tight just careful :whistling: really do need mi bins testing though, cant see for **** after looking through a scope for a bit :/ Just let me know when the canadas have to go i wont have trouble seeing them :good: