12bore vs 10bore

Barls2-9-12

What choke do you use in your Browning? I've killed a few geese with 1 5/8 T through my old Browning Gold, but i don't seem to get a great pattern at 50 yards. This is using both factory chokes and a Wadwizard stud10.

I have a STUD 10 with some rounds it cant be touched but for the money I use briely IM LF and F . the LF tends to put the best print on paper but the full kills best in the feild with BBB. factory chokes do not do the biz whith steel get your self a after market choke

good fowling UK

I have a STUD 10 with some rounds it cant be touched but for the money I use briely IM LF and F . the LF tends to put the best print on paper but the full kills best in the feild with BBB. factory chokes do not do the biz whith steel get your self a after market choke

good fowling UK

Using the full is ok with such large steel pellets? Is it safe?

In ten gauge i dont use any more constriction in Brileys than .745 i have this in chokes marked IM.

With the SRM terrors .720 and .705 are just that so given that are considerably tighter constriction are made a little better and have never had any issues with steel in these chokes even with F shot at 1600fps through the .705 .

Using the full is ok with such large steel pellets? Is it safe?

the briely chokes can have changed over the year or so .745 is light full 740 is full and 750 is imp mod . 745 is the most popular with Ts there is a thread on DHC going over this topic I dont use the full with Ts but I do use it with BBB B and1# shot sizes

Iv just double checked 13 posts "duck hunting chat" the thread is invector 10 chokes have a read :good:

Thanks! I read all of that and a lot of other stuff. I noticed on Briley's website that there isn't a LF choke in their hunting chokes section, but there's plenty of them in the other sections ie competition. They recommend an IM choke for geese. Which particular style of choke would you recommend? Ported? And which style of chokes do you have?

I notice Briley has changed its constriction and markings as made in reference on the thread on DHC, My IM invector 10 briley about three years old is .745 yet a mate got one off chris potter last year and its again marked IM but is .730 and did not pattern as well, he ended up buying a .720 terror choke and i sold his Briley for him.

Terrors are a tight constriction and they have had a lot of bad press on the American sites but i have had mine five years in Browning Invector and put a lot through them with no issues, and i used a 720 in an SP10 over 8 years until last season when i sold off my SP10s again no issues. They are a little more expensive than Brileys and a little more complicated to get over here, but if SRM still have any left it would be worth the extra effort and time to get one if you can the .720 is about the perfect choke in the 10ga in my opinion. The Briley .745 is a good performer and with potter able to get them in within a few weeks personal importing one from the states is possible and may save a little cash, but these days not a lot gets past custons without being charged, and the 15 or 20 quid you might save seems hardly worth the hassle plus potter may just have one in stock he did when i got mine a few years ago.

Ported chokes? I am no lover of ported chokes and avoid them, but having said that i am looking in to getting an Indian creek choke tube for a Berreta after seeing some patterns on an American forum these are not ported in the normal sense but slits and apparently pattern very well.

Thanks! I read all of that and a lot of other stuff. I noticed on Briley's website that there isn't a LF choke in their hunting chokes section, but there's plenty of them in the other sections ie competition. They recommend an IM choke for geese. Which particular style of choke would you recommend? Ported? And which style of chokes do you have?

keep it simple motty x2 non ported silver or black there the same choke just the colour .The black X2 are £48 inc p&p from chris potter country sports ltd you will have to ring them for the 10g choke as they are not on web site 01892522208 you can get a IM and a LF for the price of a TERROR choke but the 720 is a very good choke I only have the 705 a very tight patterning choke with the smaller shot sizes but £90 is alot for one choke but the choice is yours :good:

Edited by UK fowler