Tree dismantling

.philmypower.

Very tidy job!!

Was that a makita saw ur using? How'd u find it? Heard the 50ish cc ones were meant to be quite good

Sure was, I have 3 I've got a top handle for climbing running on a 12" bar, a 50cc for most of my ground work on a 15" bar and a bigger 73cc on a 18" & 24" bar. I really rate them have owned a few different saws and I'm makita all the way. My bigger 73cc saw is the equivalent to the stihl 441 and will keep up with it all day but its 300 quid cheaper and its blue lol.

If your thinking of buying one pm me and I may be able to point you in the right direction if needed.

Cheers a few years ago i was after a decent 50ish saw and hate the 357's (bloody useless saw, nice to work but blow up very easily) my mate works as a saw/machine trainer with local ag college doing the forestry side and he was amazed how good the matika were when college changed saws, he was a big husky man, ended up with a stihl 361, it's a good saw, prob not as nice to work as the 357 but its stilll running.

Sort of looking or a new 70+ cc saw shortly. Going to speak to a mate first see if he's got any old 372's, as got a few donor saws in shed

I thought i seen u up tree at start with a blue saw but later on ilooked like a trusty stihl for the video work? Never knew matika done clmbing saws? Does it keep up with the stihl ms200 very few saws come close for climbing

Makita have 3 climbing saws 1 of them being the lightest in the world. I have the ea3100 and its ace, keeps up with the 201 but I think the 200 is slightly more pokey. My 73cc ground saw is a ea7300 it's a beast, well balanced and will run a 24" bar all day long and they only cost around 500 plus vat which is a fraction of the equivalent husky or stihl.

Makita saws are the old dolmar, they bought the company any stuck their name on it so there very good reliable saws.

Fair play to you Phil, great video :good:

Wish I could hit pigeons that high

Most of us do, like them whole and not with a hole in them, (any one for a doughnut) :blush::lol:

Well done boyo :good:sure beats burning the thing down :whistling::oops:I only have a toytown Stihl MS170 but boy it can cut :|

he couldn't do that, it's not a tin hut :whistling:

I also have one of these, but I also have a MS660 with a 3 foot bar, now that can cut :yes:

Thought you was talking to philmypower then :lol:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/242079-the-pigeon-hut/

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

:lol:

If i could be really cheeky can i request a few shots of u rigging and lowering the main stem. Never done my sectioning/rigging tickets and never very sure how to do it (or is it a bit dodgy, don't want u hurting urself trying to get a good shot :) ). Never really been about any boys doing it either, if was that dodgy generally got tractor and winch in and felled it. The few times i've had to do it always manged to get a rope up a neighbouring tree, cheating really but makes life a lot easier.