New Ruger 10-22

grimey121uk

A few weeks ago I joined up to a local gun club to do a bit of target shooting with the HMR and although I do enjoy putting some precise rounds down range I have also enjoyed having a play with the clubs semi auto .22's not necessary for getting tight groups but instead just getting some cheap lead down range in a variety of position's. So today I managed to gain permission off the other half and she let me get a Ruger 10/22 in synthetic/stainless with a red dot sight and a BX25 magazine, so hopefully I will be down the club tomorrow:)

9165703337_8863e17d25_b.jpg

Edited by grimey121uk

I had an old remington .22 semi auto a few years ago, it was great fun but the barrel was knackered and it didn't feed very reliably so I surrendered it.

I do miss it though and might put in for another one day, I think I'd go with the 10/22 too but I can't say I'm very keen on synthetic stocks (personal preference). Looks a good bit of kit though, I'm sure you'll get years of fun out of it :good:

^^Very nice

Well I took the Ruger out on Sunday and managed to use all 500 rounds of my brick with each round putting a smile on my face.

On another note I sent a variation off this morning for .223 and 7.92x57mm for target shooting so hopefully GMP will be fast as usual (my FAC took 10 days including xmas and boxing day).

A question though with variations, when do I send my ticket in? I was going to post it this morning with the variation but I need to but some more ammo!

Edited by grimey121uk

Very nice mate, how much was the kit? Are they dummy rounds(for show) in the top mag and loads like any other 10/22?

$229 + $20 shipping but they don't ship outside the USA so had to send it to a friend in New Orleans who then sent it on to me at a cost of $63 (I don't want to convert it from $ to £ coz the cost might scare me :/ )

Top magazine is fake & just a storage box for 40 rounds of .22LR (handy for when you forget to grab a box out the safe) yep loads as a standard 10/22 ,standard & extended mags fit in a opening just below ejection port

Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread :blush: