new air rifle

dunksey

Hi all,

I'm after a new .22 air rifle silencer and scope and have been having a nose around the internet looking at many great sites.

Just wondered if anyone has any good recommendations before i make the plunge or any insider knowledge of any thing for sale.

Cheers

Hi all,

I'm after a new .22 air rifle silencer and scope and have been having a nose around the internet looking at many great sites.

Just wondered if anyone has any good recommendations before i make the plunge or any insider knowledge of any thing for sale.

Cheers

I have used BAR, Blackpool Air Rifles in the past. Vey good prices and spoke to them on the phone a few times. Ordering was easy and delivery smart.

Jerry

(No connection other than happy customer)

Remember that what you gain from buying off the internet (money) you lose in aftersales advice etc. Popping into the local gunsmiths where you bought the gun may save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

Oh and if we all buy of the internet there won't be any local shops to pop into for advice.

Depends on your situation I supose but think on it. Just my opinion.

Hi all,

Cheers

Ive dealt with BAR also. Scopes, air rifle. They are very helpful.

Uttings is another good site. Customer service is excellent.

Best of Luck

Nige

The purpose of internet shops out of striking range to visit is to drive down the preposterous margins some gun shops charge.

If you run a business you need to constantly re-invent yourself or you will eventually fall behind. I know of a few gun shops locally who fall into this category.

No purchase is ever entirely price driven, however I resent paying upwards of 100% more for something which given 5 minutes on the phone to the supplier would result in a better price to me.

Some local gunshops, who will remain nameless, only get my custom when I am desperate for something right there and then, when I begrudgingly pay the premium asked.

Some local gunshops, who will remain nameless, only get my custom when I am desperate for something right there and then, when I begrudgingly pay the premium asked.

You're just ******* off because you sat in 1 hour of traffic to get to Park St only to find that he'd shut up 5 minutes early :):lol:

I told you get it off t'internet :unsure:

SS

As it happens I wasn't on about that one, Bob is a good bloke but I have fallen out with Steve (until I find my dummy and dust it off)

Not sure what security they have there, but they got ram-raided a while back so I think it will be good. At a guess it would probably take about 20 minutes to secure that place, so it wasn't any 5 minutes early :blink:

Mind, I did set off to make a 40 minute journey at ten to four, bloody M25 :yahoo:

I think Snakey is right, we should support our local shops, they may be a bit more as they may have overheads that mail order, or mainly mail order companies don't have. The trend these days is for shops to merge and get their margins down buy volume selling (Sportsman and Litts springs to mind) but while they offer these places can be a nightmare if you have a problem and want a bit of service rather than a quick box shift.

Like most people, I buy plenty of stuff online, but I still visit my local shop for stuff if I need it there and then or the markup isn't stupid.

I know quite a few of the smaller shops are hooking into the Guntrader network, so that can only help them survive.

I have seen at least 2 shops local to me go to the wall over the years, and when they go pop it just means we have to drive further for those bits and pieces.

My advice would be to at least talk to a local shop or 2, and tell them how much you can get it for, they may want to haggle they may not.

I bought a scope from shop last week, and to get the price 'right' he got gunmart out looked at their cmpetitors price and said 'I am not letting them beat me' and did it for a quid less :blink:

Hi All,

I'm a newbie air shooter, well new from when I was a teenager :good: . I highly recommend using the local gun shop route. I was happy with their service and they were full of support and advice. However they were fairly static on the price - even when the mate that I went with said that we'd buy 2 guns. We were looking at the AA S410.

In the end whilst looking on the web I found someone who was selling a second hand one - he'd had it 18 months, and not used it much since getting a rimfire after 6 months anyway. The chap was an obvious enthusiast so has looked after it and I decided to buy it. It came with silencer, scope, gun slip and a charging bottle which was the clincher.

It's arrived at home and I can't wait to leave work so that I can have a look.

I feel bad about letting the local guys down :good: as they were so extremely helpful, however I was getting grief from the missus about spending over £500 on the gun in the first place and I saved over £200 on a new price so my wallet and conscience won out in the end.

Just have to make peace with the local chaps so that I can get the air cylinder filled :good: I'll also buy most of my other supplies from there too from now on.

My local shop is the Country Store in Pampisford, just outside Cambridge I'd highly recommend the chaps there. Maybe this endorsement will go some way to helping me get back in their good books.

Looking forward to the Christmas break so that I can set up set up my new rifle, get used to it and get some practise in.

Loui

If you are buying second hand I think thats ok!

I bought mine second hand so the local shop would not have lost out anyway!

Also if you really want a BSA (for example) and the local shop do not stock BSA rifles then obviously you are then going to go further afield aren't you?

However I think every little helps towards keeping the local shops happy.

I'm with Pin on this. my local gunshop is the only one in the whole area of the county, and as such has rediculous prices. E.g. to give u an idea they want £270 for the HW95k with no additions. I got for £230 the same thing (new), silencer and scope delivered from BAR off the internet, and their aftersales is brilliant. I only go to my local shop to buy pellets occasionally and for small bits and bobs...theyre far too dear for their gun prices.

-Andrew

have to say i agree with snake on this one, i recently went to the the same local shop i went to as a kid after a long time away and actually saved money compared to buying online! the guy even fitted & lined up my scope for me as well as the silencer (thats not actually difficult i know, but still shows good service)

thumbs up from me :good:

• 2 months later...

Also, pays to do your homework and have an idea of what you're talking about before you either go into a gunshop or buy online / over the phone etc. I've been stung in the past by being talked into buying something that was totally unsuitable for my needs and ended up wasting loads of money.

Partly my fault for not being clued up and partly the dealers for playing on my ignorance to make a sale.

• 3 weeks later...
Also, pays to do your homework and have an idea of what you're talking about before you either go into a gunshop or buy online / over the phone etc. I've been stung in the past by being talked into buying something that was totally unsuitable for my needs and ended up wasting loads of money.

Partly my fault for not being clued up and partly the dealers for playing on my ignorance to make a sale.

we should all make the best of buying on line, in the next 2 months according to my firearms officer all weapon sales will have to be face to face or through an RFD and their charges for this service will take the shine off any net discounts