S410 going well of poa any ideas

greener86

S410 .22 aa pellets been having a nightmare with the s410 super light it has been clipping the mod so i have taken of the mod and tried with out it and the pellets going 12" to the right I tried to adjust the on the scope but it at it max tried two lots of aa field pellets thinking its Bad batch not to be and jsb as well still the same .

I put the new mamba lite scope on it and it was pellet on pellet now it's drive me nuts . Any one know what's up with it ?

before you mess with your barrel and cock it up anymore , check that your scope is seated properly on the rail of the rifle, then try to re zero , look at the easier problems first before you mess with the barrel, it would of had to take a serious knock to dislodge the barrel and if you havn,t knocked it then I would look down the scope mounted ok route first,

bit strange how it is clipping the mod , but 12 inches off aim seems like a scope mount issue, if its not the scope then it will defo be the barrel has moved

hope this helps Evo

before you mess with your barrel and cock it up anymore , check that your scope is seated properly on the rail of the rifle, then try to re zero , look at the easier problems first before you mess with the barrel, it would of had to take a serious knock to dislodge the barrel and if you havn,t knocked it then I would look down the scope mounted ok route first,

bit strange how it is clipping the mod , but 12 inches off aim seems like a scope mount issue, if its not the scope then it will defo be the barrel has moved

hope this helps Evo

Not really evo, a gentle tap will do it. I'm sure you know the s410 has a very thin barrel and its the barrel band that keeps it from serious damage. I picked up a lovely s410 a while ago that had these symptoms. 1 minute job and perfect again. You're not messing with the barrel, just allowing it to go back to true of its own accord. Also as the scope won't have any relevance to the clipping, I'd put my money on the barrel band.

Edited by turbo33

Not really evo, a gentle tap will do it. I'm sure you know the s410 has a very thin barrel and its the barrel band that keeps it from serious damage. I picked up a lovely s410 a while ago that had these symptoms. 1 minute job and perfect again. You're not messing with the barrel, just allowing it to go back to true of its own accord.

I can understand what your saying but before he has a mess with the barrel mate I think he should check the scope first, then if its not the scope THEN check his barrel

Thank of the info I will try the scope after work I know it had scope problems earlier on this year I took it to mcavoy guns snitch they said is no zeroing in so they put some packing under the front scope mount to raise it whitch helped but now back to back to square one I did take of the barrel clamp this morning to clean as there was a some amount of muck around the clamps d under it but it been clipping the mod of ages

Re the mod, I would suggest you only use an Air Arms on, as none of the adapters are sufficiently accurate for the s410 imho, which could induce clipping. I understood your original post to say you had a new mamba on it, but post 9 says you've had scope issues :hmm: So was there another scope you had to mess around packing and now you're having problems with the new mamba, or has it been the mamba all along, bit confused :hmm:

The first scope I had on it was a hawke it was fine pellet on pellet then I bought the mamba lite then a few month after then it start to go of poa every few pellets then it was ok later on I was all over it's all over the place so it had a packing under the front mount which cured it now it back to square one I thinking may be the wrong mount to low ?

Ok lets slow down. The rifle shot fine with the Hawke :yes: Then you put the Mamba on and it was still fine :good: Then for some reason, it went off poa? What did you change? Did you change the mounts? Are they a pair? I've yet to come across a scope that needed packing which together with the poa being so far off, its sounds like they aren't. I'm assuming you have the mounts both facing the same way,clamp screws on both the same side? Take them off check them and make sure they are a perfect match. Its unlikely the mamba is at fault, but possible.

I have a s310 and I tried out aa diablo field in .22 recently. If I am honest they suck, too heavy with way to big of a trajectory and the gouping was terrible. My gun is pellet fussy but I expected air arms pellets to be okay! Webley accupells/powerpells work flawlessly however.

You can fiddle with the scope and mounts till the cows come home but that wont stop the gun clipping the moderator. This may be the problem or an extra one-what mod is it?

Bruno, it sounds to me that there is more than the one problem with this rifle,

firstly something is wrong with the scope mounts if it needs to be packed (strange) and secondly the pellets clipping the mod does not sound right to me, either it hasn,t been put on properly(like the scope) or it is not designed to be used with the s410,

I think if either of us had the rifle in our hands we could sort it in 2mins but I cant get my head round this packing a scope for it to work properly, what scope is it and also what size are the mounts ???

seems to me it all needs to be taken off and the correct mounts should firstly be fitted, leave the mod off and try this then if that doesn,t work then the safest bet would be to drop it into a decent gunsmith and get him to sort it

Agreed evo-I guess its easy with a little experience. Only other solution I can think of is if the mod is miss-aligned but the previous owner did not realise and because the point of impact was miles off he fitted a miss match of mounts to get around it? Or could the barrel support band (the figure of 8) have become twisted off centre and is pulling the barrel to one side?-these barrels are very thin.

Scope I have on it am the mo is mtc -scb 4-16x44

With 2 x mounts hight 45 mm I bought the scope and fitted new from tonys camo Chester saltney as of the mid I am not sure it came with the gun it's got no adapter push it on and tight up grub screw there. Is no name on it

Seems as its shooting to the Right I would have thought you have knocked the barrel. Just loosen and re-tighten the barrel band as been mentioned. Its a common problem with the S410, one I suffer with from time to time, its the first thing I check and its really quick and simple to fix, IF that's the issue of course

Edited by DBD81

Go with the barrel band first m8 like the lads say,i was firing pellet on pellet with my Smk xs78 Chinese gun (yes they can do it lol) then after a the slightest of knocks the thing was lucky to group on a piece of A4 :blush: Loosened the barrel band and re tightened and all was well again :good:

Took a more experienced shooter at the range to show me the error mate B)

Lee

his gun is sorted now,,Will has taken the mod off and the gun is shooting perfect again, it seems the mod is the wrong thread somehow and is not screwing onto the rifle properly so he is going to put the original mod back on

all sorted

As Evo said above I loosened the barrel band and taken the mod off and it zeroed in pellet on Pellet at 25 m put the mod back on and yes back to out by half inch bellow . tomorrow going to try a different mod and pellet as I am using aa diabalo see if there a change as I find with aa pellets they tend to be a to littel soft easy damage thanks for the info helped me out saves a trip to the gunsmith and a lighter pocket .