Dvla clamp vans

delburt0

Just curious so I thought I would put a thread up to kill my curiosity.

At 1 am this morning we got awoke with a reversing alarm bedroom windows open with the hot weather.

I looked out of the window to see a van at the bottom of my culdesac clamping a neighbours car.

Got the binos out to see it said dvla on the side of the van.

My mates a car dealer and is home every night in a different car,

I never rang him about the clamping and went back to sleep,

On taking the dog out this morning I have seen its a 06 plate Audi avant clamped for no tax,(no trade plates either) :)

I was just wondering does the dvla work through the night or do you think it might have been a jeleaous neighbour who clocked the untaxed car yesterday evening ???

I was gigging one night in a club and when I packed my gear up and started to take my gear out of the rear of the building there was a vehicle transporter and it was pulling a BMW onto the back of it, when I asked the guy what was going on he said the vehicle had no tax and insurance, They where taking the vehicle away to a compound,so it looks like they do work at night but have to agree that if they have no tax and insurance then they should not be on the road,even a dealer has to have the trade plates on show so if he didn,t then he knows the rules

Although its probably best to have all your vital particulars such as insurance tax and mot if required. I can imagine it being rather a money spinner for the DVLA or at least the compond if they are using a private one like the police do up here in nottingham.