world war two militaria

mike-b

wow good to see some more collectors on here dont suppose anybody has thought about a general for sale section on here??

There is a other sales forum, however at members request to stop scammers, you have to be registered 6 months to use it.

Edited by Beretta28g

No WW2 but I have two artillery shells that are from the fist world war. They are absolutely huge. My great grandma took them to the german P.O.W camp that was near her and had them engrave it with the date and I think maybe there platoon or regiment. It's really well done and must have been done by someone with talent. Either that or they were bored enough to put a lot of time into it. Not got any pictures but could probably get a couple if anyone is particularily interested.

Edited by Bombadil

id love to see them bud, i think some of the greatst pieces of art came from POW's some of the trench art of the first world war was amazing to look at and when you consider the lack of tools they had! like i said my grand father fort in the fall of singapore and was taken prisioner buy the japs and some of the things he and his fellow comrades made in there was amazing and the detail on the wood work on some of the carvings was so intricate! i think it was a mix of massive tallent and taking your mind off your situation surrounding you!

Does anybody want to see my helmet?

Its seen better days. Had lots of use at one stage and got plenty of knocks and scrapes. I hardly bother even getting it out now as most people i show it to are less than impressed. I showed it to somebody on a bus once, they were quite surprised!

Me my dad used collect deacts and bayonets.

He collects medals more

Though to the 55th west lancs division and is more interested in ww1 era!

The deacts we have and used to have include; Lee-Enfield No4 plus two bayonets; SMLE MK3 1916 dated + three bayonets; German Mauser Kar98k 1940 dated + one bayonet; M1A1 Thompson; M1928A1 Thompson; Mk1 candadian made Bren gun; Walther p.38; and best of all which sadly we no longer have, a regimentally marked, 1916 dated po8 Luger.

We haven't added for a few years but my dad has been collecting medals to the 55th since he was a lad and we go over to the Somme battlefields and Ypres every year! I've been going since I was a kid. Something I think people should witness in ther lifetime.

Dave.

Does anybody want to see my helmet?

Its seen better days. Had lots of use at one stage and got plenty of knocks and scrapes. I hardly bother even getting it out now as most people i show it to are less than impressed. I showed it to somebody on a bus once, they were quite surprised!

no thanks buddy, never really been my thing i prefer big shells that hold huge loads than batterd helmets, thanks for the offer though id stick to random show and tells on the bus, persistance buddy one day you will find somebody who want to know all about it! :good:

Me my dad used collect deacts and bayonets.

He collects medals more

Though to the 55th west lancs division and is more interested in ww1 era!

The deacts we have and used to have include; Lee-Enfield No4 plus two bayonets; SMLE MK3 1916 dated + three bayonets; German Mauser Kar98k 1940 dated + one bayonet; M1A1 Thompson; M1928A1 Thompson; Mk1 candadian made Bren gun; Walther p.38; and best of all which sadly we no longer have, a regimentally marked, 1916 dated po8 Luger.

We haven't added for a few years but my dad has been collecting medals to the 55th since he was a lad and we go over to the Somme battlefields and Ypres every year! I've been going since I was a kid. Something I think people should witness in ther lifetime.

Dave.

wow great collection!!!! any chance of pics of the bren? love bren guns! i think if i had any id spend all day making gun noises and generally anoying my girlfriend!!

wow great collection!!!! any chance of pics of the bren? love bren guns! i think if i had any id spend all day making gun noises and generally anoying my girlfriend!!

I could email you some if you like mate? Pm me

Your email :) I had great fun as a child doing that haha :') I think it was my 12th birthday present! As you can imagine a young lad like myself who loved/loves military history and weaponry I was rather excited by receiving this! :P

Prices are dropping on the repo gear

http://www.ww2sale.com/wwii-german-uniforms/

The top end repro stuff is still up there cost wise, these items look like they are for the reenactment and drama scene. I still wouldnt mind a nice repro splinter camo top for shooting though, there were still a few in the surplus shops when i was a youth, always regretted not getting one.

The best stuff is the untouched stuff you find yourself I found a mag for a Thompson in the loft of an old house in Bloxham in Oxfordshire along with some empty cases all with mid 1940s dates on then . Some one found a Lurgar Pistol on Scappa beach here in Orkney a few years ago & I am told it still had a loaded clip although I have no idea how long it had been there ? ( it was reported in the local papa & it was handed in ).

WW2 memorabilia is`nt something I normally collect but only yesterday I was given a MK1 Fairbairn Sykes fighting knife in it`s original scabbard.

Sadly the blade is quite rusted but it should be salvagable.

i would take that off ya hands soo fast you would get a skin burn lol

I have some plates and bowls lifted from Scapa flow,both English and German.Some of my dive buddies found some very interesting stuff.

All sorts of stuff down there mate but we are not allowed to take anything from the wrecks any more but there is stuff all over the sea bed in Scapa & a WW2 German magnetic parachute mine was found by some divers last year I think it was , they said it was like a cigar shaped stainless steel tube . There was a picture of it in the local paper when the navy detonated it & boy did that send up a plume of water ! , war time German records show one is still unaccounted for in the flow .

ATB Pole star

i would take that off ya hands soo fast you would get a skin burn lol

I know a chap in Co Wexford in Ireland Neil who has a Fairbairn & the story behind it was it was recovered from the body of a dead Commando who was washed up on the Irish coast after D day , no way he will part with it though .