General Knowlage Quiz

red_stag88

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nodes of ranvier are not between two seperate axons they are merely along the length of one axon as VD says in areas between two schwann cells which coat the axon (ie myelinated), they are not a junction and most definately do not connect two axons. Therefore synapse was correct unless you wanna rephrase the question ???

For a bonus mark though tell me how often these gaps of insulation along an axon occur (ie distance).

The nodes of ranvier are not between two seperate axons they are merely along the length of one axon as VD says in areas between two schwann cells which coat the axon (ie myelinated), they are not a junction and most definately do not connect two axons. Therefore synapse was correct unless you wanna rephrase the question :lol:

For a bonus mark though tell me how often these gaps of insulation along an axon occur (ie distance).

I ment the node of raniver, I'm ****e at labeling diagrammes, i'm not doing well am I ???

One I am safe with

12) Who was the "Mad monk"

Actually Dido origonally heard about Troy from Aeneas himself, Tucer came later. :lol:

And if you want to be flash...you must therefore mean the nonmyelinated gaps on the axons which are called the Nodes of Ranvier. ???

( all this thinking, I think I'm getting a Gliomas.) :lol:

She cant of done, Aeneas spends 7 years fleeing Troy (whike Dido is leaving tyre and founding carhtage on Iarbas' land) he arrives at Carthage, upon meating venus who tells him of Dido's woes. She coulds him and a mate in a mist making him invivsible, he enters Carthage, sees a temple half built to juno with a freeze of the battle of troy. He sees some of his mates (Who were split up when Juno used Aeolus to send a storm upon his fleet where he tought he lost 13 ships when actually some had landed futher round) Dido spares the other mens lives because they have travelled with Aeneas. She explanes how she idolises Aeneas. At this point the mist goes, Aeneas is beautified by Venus, Dido falls in love, love at first sight. She cant have met him preivously because she has also said she would never love again after Pygmalion killed Shycaeus, and would instanly fall in love, as Venus wants to protect Aeneas (Juno loves carthage, Rome is destend to destroy Carthage, Venus makes dido fall in love as juno cannot now harm Aeneas for Dido would be heart broken and Carthage would sease to be built).

She cnat have met him before you see.

Red :lol:

The nodes of ranvier are not between two seperate axons they are merely along the length of one axon as VD says in areas between two schwann cells which coat the axon (ie myelinated), they are not a junction and most definately do not connect two axons. Therefore synapse was correct unless you wanna rephrase the question  :lol:

I ment the node of raniver, I'm ****e at labeling diagrammes, i'm not doing well am I :lol:

One I am safe with

??? You had me well confused I just did that exact topic today :lol:

The nodes of ranvier are not between two seperate axons they are merely along the length of one axon as VD says in areas between two schwann cells which coat the axon (ie myelinated), they are not a junction and most definately do not connect two axons. Therefore synapse was correct unless you wanna rephrase the question  :lol:

I ment the node of raniver, I'm ****e at labeling diagrammes, i'm not doing well am I :lol:

One I am safe with

??? You had me well confused I just did that exact topic today :lol:

You will be able to tell me whether in a reflex arc, why does your hand move before you regester the stimulus concioulsy?

The reflex arc is a pathway between a receptor -> effector neurone. It goes first to the spine and then starts going back along the motor neurone (may be a connector neurone along the way) at the same time the impulse is carried up the spine to the brain, the effector therefore responds to the stmulus bfore there is any voluntary response(it takes longer for the impulse to get to the brain). It's fast and automatic, have you ever "almost" fallen over and thought how the hell did I stay up? That is the knee jerk reflex kicking it its pretty cool...