wildfowling coats

ratty1

Goretex for the mud. I even have a selection.

NATO - DPM. (A bit to dark)

Some of the new British Army issue (very good and a much better lighter colour) Trouble is the waist is a bit tight on the trousers (one for you Barrold)

Also have some German Army issue "Flecktarn" (I've spelt that wrong - who cares?) really good camo but leaks.

So this year I've splash out on a new Cabela's 4 in 1 max 4 coat, it had better be good considering what is cost - bloody hell I could have bought Barrold a breakfast and had some change.

I still regularly use a L. L. Bean 'Old School'?? camo smock that I imported from the states, that must be getting on for 20 years old now. They were the first of the yank fowling coats advertised, and had a review in the Shooting Times. Still going strong.

Washed in NixWax Trech wash and given a spray of Fabsil Gold.

Hi mate, i got mine direct from the states off the website. You pay a far whack for shipping and taxes mind.

Think Christopher Columbus brought Ayano3 his jacket back from the states. I reckon they used to go to school together. He'll be retiring soon so i'm sure it won't be long till his jackets on ebay

Cheers for the Reply, i wanted a decent wildfowling jacket thats Gore-Tex, and for some reason they dont stock anything decent here? The Tax was a bit of a worry, but i suppose its worth it for a decent jacket.

I think I will be the poor relative on the marsh with all this new fancy gear, is it Christmas?.

Just get a good cotton tee shirt and a waxcoat and you will be rate. :good:

I will be the one with my 50 quid Bison waders, a 30 quid second hand coat bought off yoggy and the dog will have a lead and collar on from the pound shop. :blush:

Nope wont be buying any new gear as I will be saving up for a breakfast. :yahoo:

Regards

Hcc

Have come to the conclusion there is no such thing as a waterproof jacket. If you get waterproof you get sweat, Rivers wet leak at the seams and need constant polar proofing, gain half a tonne when soaked and get hotter than Hells armpit on the inside during the walk out.

Next time round I am getting Mil surp gortex cheap and packing a spare or two. £200 jackets just don't belong on a marsh anyway, they can all stick their marketing BS. We can put men on the moon, build supersonic aircraft, swap peoples hearts but cannot make a flipping coat that works yet!