Arghh! Too much stubble!.

Bleeh

Everything around my way has been cut, I went for a cycle yesterday and I saw no less than 9 different combine crews working the wheat.

I'm going to have to cross my fingers and hope my wheat fields are the lucky ones, the rape stubble is inactive completely now.

ive been combining and carting for the last few days...all the stubbles have very few birds on them, half a doz here and there.............lots of birds flying about tho, stubbles about here arnt very productive until there is enough rain to start rotting stuff down and germinating, thats when things brighten up .....rain is forcast for the weekend we still have 15 acres of wheat to cut on a half cut field as we had to go and harvest someone elses field first...so it looks like next week before its good to go !

im still finding bits of eggshell in the garden from woodies, rekon they have nested 3 times this year...im sure good times are ahead...trouble is at the moment there is just tooo much choice for them around here as the fields are small and in a square mile there can be woodland, peas, beans, barley wheat oats grassland (long lays) it goes on, just have to wait........

one thing i have noticed which is different from last year is there is LOADS of acorns this year...which will be great for margin shooting

i think the best shootingbat the moment is in the wide open fields of cambridgshire south lincolnshire and just west and north of the wash

ditch

Edited by ditchman