Plastic Owl Decoys

Quercus

Q, use them close to nesting sights of crows and rooks they work a treat i have had look with both air rifle and shoty, had more look with shoty due to the fact they just want mob the decoy. Mine has flappy wings it seems to catch there eye more than a static one.

Thanks Leon, I think it must be the movement that makes a difference. I've tried mine in all sorts of situations but just don't seem to get a mobbing response :lol: .

Last summer, shooting on a cut hay meadow, I put a dead fox under my whirler with a couple of rooks on it. The black ******* went mad for it ??? great sport. I'd like to be able to recreate that sort of response.

Q :lol:

I stuck it on a fence under a flight line, it was very exposed so they could all see it. I sat in a bush.

They didnt mob it but were a bit more active. If you put a dead crow in its claws, or a magpie upside down with wings spread, it makes the birds come a bit better.

I may invest in a pecker.

I use a large 18 inch high owl on a regular basis. It works best in the spring but will work all year round. I often shoot at a piggery and set it up ontop of a straw stack or in a hedge, then sit to on one side depending how they are coming in. It pulls the in to aboyt 30 yds perfect for the 12 :) . Once you have 6 down they come straight in. Have you looked on the crow mart web site http://66.155.8.207/merchant2/merchant.mv?...Store_Code=CBOS

They have some good flapping ones for the floor. They are based in USA but will not post to uk yet.

I find that in winter the crows seem harder to drop and belive that this could be due to thicker plumage in the winter :yp: ?